Report: U.S. Mistakenly fires on Wedding Party in Iraq

by dubla 88 Replies latest social current

• JeffT
    JeffT

I realize that this may come as a new thought to some people here, but have you considered that shooting any guns in an area of open combat might, maybe, just possibly be really stupid?

Oh, I forgot, only Americans aren't allowed to screw up.

• Curious Mind
    Curious Mind

That was what i thought as well, you have to be a bit silly to fire weapons at all in Iraq at the moment

• heathen
    heathen

OH that's right the US will just blame people that live in a country for the fact they are now dead . IMO there is no justification for such attrocities and I sure as hell aint going to defend something that is nothing but murder . I think the people in charge need to be accountable for their actions , the president even said the war was over so I think the military needs to find a better means to deal with the situation . We don't shoot first and ask questions later .

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

That was what i thought as well, you have to be a bit silly to fire weapons at all in Iraq at the moment
    I don't think this was the only wedding in the area since the war ... It is a costume and it is a weding - those people are tired and really need to have fun and that is a part of it. 26 people dead from the same familly in this mess ! on 41 or 42
  • Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Simon, I don't think anyone is denying that kids were killed, it's the nature of what happened that is still in question.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

If our rules of engagement at this point in time in Iraq allow us to fire on people who are merely firing guns in the air, then I don't know what to say. Are we that arrogant? Are we that stupid?

JeffT, did it ever occur to you that people in remote villages of Iraq should not be in danger of having hell unleashed on them from an AC 130 gunship simply for firing into the air?

Even if the military isn't lying, if they truly believed it was a military target, they should STILL have their ass handed to them on a platter. This is no time to be killing large numbers of civilians to give AC130 gunners practice. We have special ops. Use them.

And if they were just a group of suspicious people out in the desert, then aproach them, with all caution, and see what is up. Don't kill babys. Do I really have to say that? Don't kill babies. Put that on your reminder list.

How is this so much different from Mai Lei? The killers didn't have to look the children in the eye?

My country seems to have all the moral fiber and backbone of a processed string cheese stick.

• Simon
    Simon

It's bizzarre that after the complete and utter abject failure of intelligence in the run up to Iraq that 'intelligence' and suspicion seems to be sufficient reason to go dropping bombs and shooting.

It really beggars belief. The people ordering these things are so far removed from the consequences of their actions that it may as well be some spotty kid playing a computer game with real troop at their command.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Lets not forget that these pilots are getting shot at every day. Helicopters are being shot down (lets not forget they shot down a MEDIVAC CHOPPER f-in bastards). Obviously they are going to think that someone is trying to take them down.

Its the RAF's fault without a doubt.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Obviously they are going to think that someone is trying to take them down.

Horseshit. This was an AC130 at night, being called in by ground forces.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Ohhhh so some ground forces said, "hey, we have this wedding party here, lets kill them all....."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit