What do you collect?

by scootergirl 71 Replies latest jw friends

• meat pie
    meat pie

Hello there, I collect knitting machines, I currently have around 20. I have to part with them from time to time as they take up so much space.

Shirley.

• Valis
    Valis

Take a guess! *LOL* actually this is just a small number of the ones I have..some are packed away and some of my others are around the house "on display"..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Lives in the Smithsonian" class

• Elmer J. Fudd
    Elmer J. Fudd

Hi there Scootergirl,

To answer your question, I collect dust. Ever since I got shot in the face I can't get around like I used to, so dust kinda accumulates on me. Every day I wash the dust off and look forward to another day of collecting.

Before the shooting I collected Hobnail and Coin Glass Depression Glass.

Elmer J. Fudd

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Scootergirl, btw, welcome to the board! I LOVE M. Bastin! Her art is beautiful!

I collect things from nature: feathers, stones, beautiful shaped fungi.......I even have a cicada that is in perfect condition..........I have glow in the dark stars above my bed that I fall asleep staring at every night.............

Being part native american, I love having these objects around me...........I also have a whole, beautiful wild turkey wing hanging on my den wall from a turkey that I found dead on the road, and I made a beautiful native american prayer fan out of some of his tail feathers, which I have on my personal altar. Right now, my big fascination is with dragonflies, and I had a preserved one that I had found, but, he got knocked off my hutch one day and that was the end of him!

I've also got a whole owl claw, with a heart shaped stone in it's grasp.........found the owl on I-91 and the stone in the woods walking one day. My friends call me the "Road Kill Queen", but, I'm happy and comfortable with who I am. My girlfriend in Missouri who is a full blood sent me a beautiful beaded vulture feather.........she said that as she beaded it, she said a prayer for each of the beads..........there are hundreds just in a three inch section surrounding the base of the shaft.........the whole feather is about a foot long..........when I opened it, I almost fainted........it was soooo beautiful! I dabble with my own creative efforts also, I make my own smudging blend out of lavendar, sage, cedar and tobacco, and made two birch bark covered candles for my altar. I think one of my absolute prize finds is the pinecone I have hanging in the den. I was wading thru some deep leaves in the woods near the apartment one day, and I caught sight of something partially buried in the leaves and pine needles........I carefully brushed them off and this HUGE pinecone was there! It measures about 6 - 8 inches in diameter, and a whopping foot to a foot and a half in length! I have NO idea where it came from, because even tho we have pine trees around here, none of the cones on those trees are anywheres as big.

Terri

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    I have a fine collection of adipose tissue. I keep it with me at all times.

Dan-O!!!! LMAO!!!!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

In answer to Sassy's earlier post on this thread, yes, I wanna join.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Mulan:

I do that too Kate. I have Kuala Lumpur, Kowloon (Hong Kong), Las Vegas, Orlando, Niagara Falls, Key West and London. I've been to all of those. When we were in London, we walked to it, with the couple we were with. They were so patient with me, because it was a long walk, to an out of the way place, not in a touristy area at all. One of my cousins is going to Denmark next month and said he will get me one from there..............if he remembers. How could he forget????

So are all those from Hard Rock Café? Wow I'm impressed! I'm not such a traveler, but I do have most all the HRC shot glasses from California, and all but three of my collection are HRC's that I've been to myself.

One of my favorite shot glasses is one my son-in-law got for me from San Carlos, Mexico. It has a man covered with a colorful mexican blanket glued on it and when you lift the blanket......he,hee ohlala!

My daughter and same S-I-L brought me back two shot glasses from Moorea where they honeymooned, lol can you believe they even thought of dear old Mom while on their honeymoon!

Oh BTW Marilyn, do you have a shot glass from Orcas Island? LOL, I do! Funny how sometimes we overlook the places near home, I've got some catching up to do next time I go to Cali. Oh yeah and I keep passing up ones from Portland, guess I really should get one.

Valis those cameras are awesome! I used to have one of those box cameras, darn I don't know what happened to it or I would send it to you! I think my X has it.

Kate (who collects dust bunnies too!)

• Valis
    Valis

Hi Katie...actually our talley sent me this one recently..

Duo Six-20

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Spoilt Rotten" class

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Belly Button Lint.

Ok, Seriously..I collect National Geographic Magazines. I love the Pre-War Issues. I have quite a number of issues from the 1910's, 20's and 30's. My oldest issue is from 1908 which includes an article written by Alexander Graham Bell on Flying.

One thing I like about the Geographics is that they were so well made, some issues from the 1910's and 20's are still in excellent condition. I love reading the ad's from that era. "Lead - for your health".

• Valis
    Valis
    And I like Panda's, but mainly stamps.

hey Panda..my roomie has just about every philosopher stamp ever produced...do you have a preference about what kind of stamps?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit