What do you collect?

by scootergirl 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Panda
    Panda

Books Books Books ... almost anything Chinese ... reptiles(no Nick is not a reptile) and shoes I love shoes. I went on a plate mania on ebay 2 years ago. Now I help my sister inlaw with her plate mania. I also collected murano glass for awhile, but now I stick to older pieces, I love the old clam shaped ashtrays. And they all (murano) remind me of Dale Chilhuly's work which I will never afford ,yet admire.

And I like Panda's, but mainly stamps.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Perfume bottles (not on purpose) they look so nice that I can't put them in the garbage (even when I've too of the same) LOL

• little witch
    little witch

Rocks.....yep rocks.

Nature can do some strange and unusual things. I get alot of help with my kids also. Out a a stream of water, was one that had a perfect heart shape cut out of the middle. My newest rock is blade shaped. So perfectly that we thought at first it was an indian relic.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Oh boy I'm a collector! I'm always telling Craig "it's not junk it's precious stuff". LOL

I also collect shot glasses of places I've been. My favorite shot glass collection is a Hard Rock Café collection I've been working on. I have one from Spain that my niece got for me it's the furtherest away one I have and next to that is one from Florida. A client of mine who summered in Norway knew I liked stuff from Hard Rock Café and regardless of how many times I told her ONLY SHOT GLASSES! She kindly brought me a T-shirt for Bergen and a key bob from London,England. LOL I wanted the damn shot glasses! Well I could buy them off the net but it's not the same thing.......sigh!

I have a serious collection of cows only the black and white ones, the herd has taken over my kitchen, and dining room.....moving into the living room.....oy vay! Craig is trying to cut them off at the pass.

I also collect bird houses, baskets, dolls, stamps, books, picture frames and Happy Meal toys! lol

Oh and I have a smallish collection of old LP's vinyl from the 60's, but I don't have a record player.

I need a bigger house!

Kate

• Xena
    Xena

aaaahhhhhh CHOOOO *apparently I collect dust*......and books....and every piece of art my daughter ever drew or made to date...

• Mulan
    Mulan
    My favorite shot glass collection is a Hard Rock Café collection I've been working on.

I do that too Kate. I have Kuala Lumpur, Kowloon (Hong Kong), Las Vegas, Orlando, Niagara Falls, Key West and London. I've been to all of those. When we were in London, we walked to it, with the couple we were with. They were so patient with me, because it was a long walk, to an out of the way place, not in a touristy area at all. One of my cousins is going to Denmark next month and said he will get me one from there..............if he remembers. How could he forget????

I have shot glasses from almost all of the Caribbean isles, given to me by friends who've been on cruises................I've never been there. Also Ireland, Wales, Scotland, England, Spain, Malaysia, Turkey, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, and all of the 50 States, but maybe not Alaska, can't remember. I have been to some of those places, but many were gifts.

I have them on display on a shelf in my dining area, but they won't all fit. Many are in boxes tucked away. About twice a year, I take them all down and wash them. Dust gets to be too much.

I also collect Christmas ornaments from places we've traveled to. That's a fairly recent collection.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Books lots-o-books!

Cassi

• alamb
    alamb

Good boots, antique coffee pots, and blue glass

• Mulan
    Mulan

I used to buy coffee mugs from travel spots too, but the collection got too large. Had to give that one up.

• shera
    shera

I have a few collections started but so far its only a few items.

I love teapots and sunflowers and kitchen stuff with apples painted on them,or made out of apples...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit