What do you collect?

by scootergirl 71 Replies latest jw friends

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

So, is there anything that you collect? Anything that brings such enjoyment to your life that it is almost an obsession that you are constantly hunting and searching for?

I collect pieces made my Marjolein Bastin. For those that aren't familiar w/this artist, here is a bit about her:

Considered the most important nature artist in The Netherlands, Marjolein was selected as artist of the year by the people of Holland when she won the Public Award for the Dutch, one of the country's most prestigious honors.

Marjolein's work falls into three main groupings: detailed and exact snapshots of nature (close-ups of what she sees around her); those detailed snapshots that also include Marjolein's personal written observations on nature; and finally, works that show the beauty of nature as touched by human hands, including cut flowers, potted plants, and birdhouses built with pencils.

Here are some of my prize possessions that I have of her in our house:

This is just a few pieces I have collected and am running out of display room for the others! So, what about you? What kinda things do you collect?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Cool. I like the middle one, the mother robin, in particular.

I collect old NFL games. Not the highlights, but the actual games with original commercials. My oldest is Super Bowl III from January 1969. It's a riot watching cigarette commercials.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

((scootergril))

Those are lovely. I believe I have some note cards with illustrations by that artist.

I've collected so many things over the years. I started with music boxes. Then, unicorns (before they were easy to find). After that, pink flamingos and not the plastic yard kind either. Sadly, a lot of those got broken. Oh yeah...and husbands. Just kidding!! Pay no attention to all those divorce decreeds file in the drawer under "dumbass removal systems".

Lisa

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Cool, Big Tex! I bet it is a hoot to watch the old commericals! So where to you find these old games?

Yes, the mother robin is very special to me. Filthy and the kids gave that to me for Mother's Day about two years ago. Funny, there is four babies and our four year old said that there is one for him, one for his brother, one for his sister and the one left over is for Aunt Becky! LOL

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

LOL Lisa......"dumb ass removal systems"! too funny!

I love music boxes! Three of the Bastin photos I put up are music boxes. Are your particular to any certain kind of theme of music box?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

bad karma

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

No partivular theme in my music boxes. It all started when my parents gave me a bird figurine that was a music box. I still have it and the other one they gave me that's like it. I have little hand-crank music boxes. I have big "put the disc in and turn on" music box. I have a unicorn music box (note the combination of two collections if you will). I have enough boxes with "Lara's Theme" to have dolby surround sound.

Lisa

• dh
    dh

shoes, random thoughts.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    So where to you find these old games?

From other traders. I'm a member of a couple of discussion boards about the hobby (and you think THIS board is tough!). Right now I'm in the midst of getting a pristine copy of Staubach's last game (playoff game against the Rams).

My prize is the Super Bowl VI (Cowboys and Dolphins). There are only 4 copies anywhere (including CBS) and I've got one.

Chris

• Mulan
    Mulan

I collect shot glasses from every place I go. Lots of people buy them for me when they go to places I've never been, so I have them from all over the world.

I also have a weakness for dishes, but have controlled it lately. I found a pattern on ebay that was the one we had in our house when I was a small child. I had two plates and a covered bowl from the original set. Now I have service for about 25. I got carried away, but I loved the pattern.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit