Do you fear death?

by onacruse 122 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Of course we could take this thread to a whole new level if we were to discuss:

Craignez-vous la petite mort ?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

No, some days I feel that if I was offer a quick painless exit, then I would take it., right now. .

What lies beyond? I have no anticipation of any future life, having lost the hope of an earthly ressurection and I cannot grasp the idea of going to heaven. I have no problem with non existence,

Getting old is what bothers me. After all, I was supposed to be going to live forever!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

No takers on the French thang, huh?

How about a translation:
    Do you fear the "little death"?

• logansrun
    logansrun

The "little death" in French refers to an orgasm.

Don't ask how I know this.

Bradley

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Mighta known YOU'D have got it, Bradley
    Hehehe

• logansrun
    logansrun

Haha...I wish I had MORE of it!

B.

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

The advantage of death.

1.hopefully one dosn't have to get out of bed on a Monday morning.

My fear of death.

Will I be let out to the pub on Saturday night.

• mrpositive
    mrpositive

The way I see it, as far as each of us is concerned we all get to live forever....

I have no knowledge of not having existed, I'll have no knowledge of ceasing to exist.. As far as my awareness exists (my forever), I've been alive..

Well it makes sense to me

Anyway, who in their right mind would want to live forever with a bunch of 'holier than thou' meglamaniacs going round shouting 'I TOLD YOU ARMAGEDON WAS COMING'?

• onacruse
    onacruse

Ross; no, we won't be able to make it to Texas...I'm up to my eyeballs in work.

And don't think for one second that you and Brad are gonna get away with hijacking this thread and talk about sex! LOLOL...gawd, don't you guys think of anything else???

mrpositive, hello!

As far as my awareness exists (my forever), I've been alive.

I'm convinced of something more than that: not just the existential temporal reality of our being, but (along the lines of "cause/effect" as inextricably mutual physical realities), the mere fact that we exist! requires that we continue to exist.

What IS...IS.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I am not really afraid of death, I am afraid of the final moment though as I feel it will be like a suffocating experience. I have tried to imagine this by holding my breath as long as I can, and it is a scary feeling. Above all, I fear my dog dying, as she has been my only support over the past several years until recently, and to be honest, she has saved my life, as I would not be here today if it were not for her. I have never loved anything or anyone more than her. I think that when her time comes, I would like to go with her, and maybe somehow our life energies can be set free together. I do not know what happens after that, but really don't think that it could be any worse than "living" on this earth. I think that anything would be a welcome change than having to deal with the disappointment of a life filled with losses. All one can do is make the best of it in the meantime.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit