What 'exactly' changed in Adam when he sinned?

by gumby 297 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

Yes, a bold statement, for a bold question.

re: mormon

Thanks pretty funny (and rather sad).

You assume that an Australian that has rejected one American religion, would embrace another American religion. Has it ever occured to you Americans that you are the crazy ones? Us Aussies are pretty laid back, relaxed and well adjusted people. Don't forget, Mormons and JW were created in American - not Australia. The only thing Aussies have exported to the USA are men with Crocodile fetishies, large BEERS and a few bad actors!

Aussie have shorter working hours, many more paid holidays and get 5 weeks paid leave in their first year of employment. We've got it bloody easy mate, thus some of us, have also got plenty of time to research, study and meditate of deeper subjects than our rat-race counterparts in the USA.

In Australia we are known as the quiet achievers, however Americans blow their nose, slap a patent on what they find and sell it 24x7 on the international home shopping market telling everyone just what a fantasic product it is, produce a mini-series on the subject, 5 new books and a Summer blockbuster to boot. Occasionally such a new product will either spawn a new religion, or will support an existing religion in some technical capacity. It's all about Money with Americans, and often the religions are right there with it.

Printed on your currency you state , "In God We Trust" - but only for your next dollar!

Has it ever occured to Americans that China is a major creditor to your 7 Trillion-Trillion dollar debt? People in Asia have a greater degree of understanding of reincarnation, Americans (and I apologise for generalizing) will find they will be in the minority when the tables turn and Asia is the centre of the world, and Asia spawns new religious cults that span the globe. Wow! Could make a good movie? Maybe we should patent the idea without delay!!!

• Schizm
    Schizm

UpityAtom,

So you are a proud Australian, eh? Quite patriotic I see! I'm not surprised that you don't know that Christians are not supposed to be nationalistically inclined. Christians are told to be "no part of the world". Or haven't you heard?

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

His DNA.

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

I just didn't like the narrow focus that assume a non JW has either Mormon or Scientologist beliefs. Every single time I open my mouth about something a little different, I am always labled an American... but my ideas are more Asian.

Quite patriotic I see!

Being a patriot is something normally associated with Americans isn't it? We don't salute flags, sing songs with hands over our hearts. In fact, most Aussie don't even discuss the issue of being patriotic because this is an American thing.

So in a somewhat humerous summary, I feel that no matter what I say, it will be twisted and turned so that my ideas are American ideas (either pro or con). This is bizzare! Perhaps you yanks need more holidays down-under and see that the world does not revolve around american ideas or religions. You may have black people over there - but in Australia the culture is much more diverse and so are the ideas, thoughts and attitudes.

Now, for some irony. My picture is of American's best fraud or best scientist (the jury is still out)... go figure!

• Schizm
    Schizm

Are you now saying that you're NOT proud to be an Australian?

Wish you'd make up your mind, for Aussie's sake!

• gumby
    gumby

I'll bet they don't have Starbucks in Australia. You ain't got nuttin on us!

Gumby

• Valis
    Valis

Thank dog we don't have Gumbucks everywhere..sheesh..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• gumby
    gumby
    Thank dog we don't have Gumbucks everywhere..sheesh..

No Gumbucks, but lots of Valmarts everywhere.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit