What 'exactly' changed in Adam when he sinned?

by gumby 297 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Schizm
    Schizm

Thank you, Brummie. You're both a gentleman and a polymath.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    You're both a gentleman and a scholor.

Oh another good answer.....I wont disillusion you at this stage

• Schizm
    Schizm

I had forgotten how to spell "scholor" so I edited it to say polymath instead. *LOL*

(Schizm ... digging through loads and loads of books for his dictionary)

• gumby
    gumby

I see what's happening now.

Schizm waits till after midnight till Gumby goes to bed, then comes here to my thread and finds another crankster who's up all night, then fills my thread talkin bout peckers and strings and stuff. Just wait till Shelby( a guest) comes back.....your arses are grass!

Gumby

• Schizm
    Schizm

It would be ridiculous to think that Adam was not eating from the tree of life. Why? 1) Because he had been given PERMISSION to eat from it. 2) It was located right smack-dab in the MIDDLE of the garden. 3) Its very name (tree of LIFE) would make it desirable to eat from it. 4) After he sinned he had to be PREVENTED from partaking of its fruitage, thereby suggesting that Adam knew the importance of eating from this tree. 5) Once cut off from being allowed to eat from it his body began to age so that he eventually died, thereby proving that his continued existance depended upon the SPECIAL NUTRIENTS found in this tree alone. Kizm

• gumby
    gumby

Schizm,

I'm not a bible believer as you know...........but in all honesty, from a biblical perspective, I find your argument a difficult one to dispute at least from the genesis account. I think it's an intresting idea I had never heard of or thought of.....at least that I can remember. I don't believe your idea nor the bibles is correct in any way, but it's an intresting observation biblically speaking.

I don't think anyone yet here has tried to scripturally prove you wrong at least from genesis.

Regarless of what the answer to this question is, it still makes no sense, nor is it justice by gods own standards.......to penalize all humanity because of two dipshits. I coulda stayed away from that damn tree.....I know I coulda!

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Schism:

1) Because he had been given PERMISSION to eat from it
    Not explicitly, but certainly implicitly, I agree.
    2) It was located right smack-dab in the MIDDLE of the garden.
    That's the way the story goes. Was the tree of "Knowledge of good and bad" in the same location?
    If so, why didn't they take of it immediately they felt something was wrong?
    3) Its very name (tree of LIFE) would make it desirable to eat from it
    I'll grant you that. It certainly would have piqued my interest
    4) After he sinned he had to be PREVENTED from partaking of its fruitage, thereby suggesting that Adam knew the importance of eating from this tree.
    The text implies that God knew this, but makes no such statement about Adam. Again, I ask, why didn't he just take it immediately, if he was aware of this fact? After all,
    5) Once cut off from being allowed to eat from it his body began to age so that he eventually died, thereby proving that his continued existance depended upon the SPECIAL NUTRIENTS found in this tree alone.
    That's a speculation, but a reasonable one - if the story is literal... However, by the same token, it could be suggested that the tree of "Knowledge of good and bad" had some kind of physiological effect, if we are going to take the fruit motiff to it's logical conclusion. A question, though (and I apologise if you've addressed it before, but I've lost the will to go back through these pages), how do you understand the statement "in the day, of your eating from it, you will die!"?

• Schizm
    Schizm

Gumby & LT,

I read and appreciated your comments.

Also, you both have some challenging questions. I hope that we can consider them together sometime soon. Right now I happen to be awfully busy with other things, but I won't forget about this thread.

Schizm

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

No worries, we all know what that's like.
    The real world has to take priority...

...but I won't forget about this thread.

That sounds awfully romantic. Are you sure you aren't a frustrated poet?

• Schizm
    Schizm
    That sounds awfully romantic. Are you sure you aren't a frustrated poet?

I've never tried to write a poem, perhaps I really should. But I'd probably screw that up as well, because I know I could.

Schizm (truly frustrated. *LOL*)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit