What 'exactly' changed in Adam when he sinned?

by gumby 297 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom
    What 'exactly' changed in Adam when he sinned?

Whilst I am not ?exactly? sure, the gist of it follows:

Jesus and Adam were different incarnations of the same soul... the Christ. So too was Mary and Eve different incarnations of the same soul. Kindred spirits if you like. (Many spirits that incarnated at the same times as Adam, were also known as ?Adam? or the Adam soul-group. The Adam soul-group appeared simultaneously in five different continents as five different races, white, yellow, brown, red and the fifth died out? but I digress.)

When Adam (the Christ soul) was banished from Eden this was actually a blessing of sorts, since death and reincarnation draws ones attention away from desires of the flesh. Basically, there?s nothing like staring death in the face to make you appreciate the source of your life. The Christ then realized at this point, that he was to become saviour of the world. A karmic debt was owed to Eve (since Adam got into trouble), and this was repaid to Mary in his life as Jesus.

BTW, the forbidden fruit represented ?materiality? in general. There was no apple to speak of. There is a hint of this in Genesis when it speaks of interbreeding with the ?daughters of men?.

I don?t have all the answers, but I know I?ve only just scratched the surface here.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Oh SHIT! See what you got started, Gumby?

• Valis
    Valis

and all this time I thought Adam and Eve just got bad credit ratings..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Schizm
    Schizm

Gumby: Would you prefer this puppy instead of the other one? (I'm not sure if Elsewhere wants you to corrupt his little puppy. You can ask him.)

• gumby
    gumby
    Jesus and Adam were different incarnations of the same soul

Sonofabiatch,

UpAndAtom....I can't take it any more! I thought the fruit juice idea for life was hard enough to swallow.........now yer wantin me to comment on re-incarnated souls. So Adam and Jesus had the same soul????? Holy mother of god.....I quit!

Gumbereaved

Valis....your right about the bad credit rap they got.....I kinda liked Eve

• Valis
    Valis

um Gumblighter..if you "did" Eve wouldn't that be Gumbiphilia? Kind of like playing w/yourself almost...Gumballs and a little piece of string indeed..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Schizm
    Schizm
    I can't take it any more! I thought the fruit juice idea for life was hard enough to swallow.........

Actually, Gumby, I thought you took it fairly well. I was a wee bit surprised though (that you swallowed my idea).

• gumby
    gumby
    if you "did" Eve

I'd do Eve. She woulda went out on him sonner or later while he was gatherin some more of that 'schism fruit" so he could keep eatin so as to keep his willy up for her. He was gone all the time....naming animals and pickin fruit. What's a poor girl to do other than talk to a snake? (pun intended)

Gumby

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

Do you make fun of Jesus? Do you make fun of Mary?

Show some respect for the same souls that also lived as Adam and Eve. This thread itself represents the Tree of Life, and the conversations that come forth from your mouths are like the fruit of that tree. Any tree not producing fine fruit will be chopped down. If you don't like the taste of the apple I give you, then stop asking for apples.

• gumby
    gumby

UpAndAtom,

If you don't like the taste of the apple I give you, then stop asking for apples.

If I've never seen this type of an apple before, then why would I want to eat it without some discussion behind it, or some documentation it's a good apple?

Atom, you made a bold statement then left it at that. You think as does a Mormon. Are you a Mormon? They ALSO bel;ieve Jesus and Adam were one in the same I believe. You have no scripture or reasoning here. Perhaps you intended to had your discussion not been abrupted with what you feel are smartelic comments.

Sometimes you have to lighten it up a bit when it gets intense around here.......we were just lightening it up a bit.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit