What 'exactly' changed in Adam when he sinned?

by gumby 297 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

Gumcronkite

What happened was that adam changed from a democrat to a republican. Bad fruit will do that.

SS

• Schizm
    Schizm
    "What 'exactly' changed in Admin when we sinned?"

A snake talked to us, and we ate the pomengranate, and covered our crotches.

Oops, sorry, off-topic.

Actually, onacruise makes a good point ... Adam and Eve's conscience began to bother them. I sort of like the way that you described it best though, onacruise. Funny, but yet accurate. Well, um, I don't know so much about the "pomengranate" part of your story.

• onacruse
    onacruse

SS:

What happened was that adam changed from a democrat to a republican.

Wrong, wrong, wrong--he went Independent.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Schizm:

Adam and Eve's conscience began to bother them.

Why? How?

What connection is there between eating the fruit of a tree, and suddenly deciding that your genitals should not be exposed, even as God-ordained husband and wife???

• Schizm
    Schizm

Gumcronkite

What happened was that adam changed from a democrat to a republican. Bad fruit will do that.

SS

Hey .... Gumby isn't .... naw, he couldn't be .... Walter Cronkite. Wow, we've been talking to a celebrity all this time and didn't even know it??? Hey, Walter, I thought you had already died and gone to heaven??? Give me a high-5 man!!! How's retirement life treating ya?

• Schizm
    Schizm

Schizm:
    Adam and Eve's conscience began to bother them.

Why?

What connection is there between eating the fruit of a tree, and suddenly deciding that your genitals should not be exposed, even as husband and wife???

That's an EXTREMELY interesting question you have there, onacruise, and I better damn well answer it or ole you know who will be on my back for not doing so. Once I've answered you though, you aren't gonna be like ole you know who and say "Where does the Bible say that!" are you?

• onacruse
    onacruse

Schizm, you step up to the plate, and so will I Wanna play some baseball?

And no Bible quotations from me, as any kind of "proof"; simple logic will do.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Onacruse,

Actually, I think that we have some sort of an invisible string attached between our peckers and our consciences. If we do wrong, we lose our erections and want to cover ourselves "down there".

Would you buy that as an "answer" to your question?

• onacruse
    onacruse

Schizm:

Actually, I think that we have some sort of an invisible string attached between our peckers and our consciences.

Why?

Give me a logical connection from sexual self-awareness to moral perceptions.

• gumby
    gumby
    What connection is there between eating the fruit of a tree, and suddenly deciding that your genitals should not be exposed, even as God-ordained husband and wife???

Well, I don't swallow the pecker idea, but I do wonder somthing.

Why didn't the writer simply say when Adam and Eve sinned...." Then both of their eyes were opened and they realised they had sinned"....instead of "then their eyes were opened and they realised they were naked". It makes no sense. They even made clothes to hide themselves.

I asked an elder buddy of mine what he thought it meant and he said he thought it meant their "innocence". Why god would cause a 'shame of nakedness' to overcome these two and connect it with sin is another mystery.

I did read something I have never read before. In Genesis it said the tree of good and bad was desirable for" wisdom". ( I owe shelby on this one). I don't ever remember reading that before

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit