My last post will be on 4/22/04

by Brownboy 144 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

I'm betting that the world will come to an end on April 23, or something like that, and therefore none of us will be posting here anymore. I crossed paths with BB the other day & he alluded to some major event on the horizon for Israel, but he was elusive about what he thought it would be.

And that's too bad, because I've always found others' theories & conjecture to be intriguing ... Bermuda Triangle, Bigfoot, the apocalypse hitting in the Middle East ... I think a lot of it is complete hogwash, but it's intriguing hogwash.

Anyway. Whatever.

• Elsewhere
  • Bryan
    Bryan

I must say, odd post. You must be in need of attention or something. If everyone here is so far off or bad, why not just unsubscribe and take off?

Bryan

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

brownnoseboy,

Bye bye.

cheeses. He knew he had to be a bearer of good news.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Hello again, Brownboy. If you feel you are being ridiculed, you are probably right, and you should should consider the fact that you are self-righteous and presumptuous . . . which is foolishness according to your own Bible. The following is for you, stupid.

it-2 p. 808 Ridicule ***

Justifiable

Ridicule. Ridicule may be deserved and well justified. A person who does not exercise foresight or who neglects good counsel may take a foolish course that makes him the object of ridicule. BINGO BROWNBOY! Jesus gave an example of such a man, who started to build a tower without first counting the cost. (Lu 14:28-30) Jehovah set Israel "as a reproach to [her] neighbors, a derision and jeering to those all around" her, justly so, because of her own waywardness and disobedience to God, even to the point of bringing reproach upon God’s name among the nations.

w98 12/1 p. 10 Hated for Their Faith ***

How did that view of foreigners compare with the form of worship outlined in the Mosaic Law? The Law did promote separateness from the nations, but this was in order to protect the Israelites, particularly their pure worship. (Joshua 23:6-8) Even so, the Law required that foreigners be treated with justice and fairness and that they be received hospitably—as long as they did not flagrantly disobey Israel’s laws. (Leviticus 24:22) By departing from the reasonable spirit clearly evident in the Law respecting foreigners, the Jewish religious leaders of Jesus’ day produced a form of worship that engendered hate and was hated. In the end, the first-century Jewish nation lost Jehovah’s favor.—Matthew 23:38.

Is there a lesson in this for us? Yes, there is. A self-righteous, superior attitude that looks down upon those who do not share our religious beliefs does not accurately represent the pure worship of Jehovah, nor does it please him.

By the way, Brownboy, why aren't you going door to door instead sitting at your pc condemning all of us. Does Brownboy really just want to play with the apostates and have fun, but just does not know how to ask? Aww, it's ok brownboy, you can play, but you have to play nice and quit breaking the other kids toys.

((((((brownboy))))))

corvin

• Corvin
    Corvin
    Brownboy, although I don't necessarily agree with your religious beliefs (I don't know what I believe these days), I do wish you well. I'm sorry if you have not always been treated well here.. but remember where we came from. We're so burnt out of religous oppression.

The boy does not need coddling, my dear, he needs his ass tore up with a good old fashioned Bible belt. And please, with all due respect, don't apologize for moi. Brownboy's first posts were insulting and ingnorant to begin with.

• Maya
    Maya

I don't know about anyone else, but..........

Between BB's post and Dan's reply, I'm a little nervous.........

• AlanF
    AlanF

I'll miss you terribly, Brownboy.

AlanF

• desib77
    desib77

Just curious, why the 22nd? Why not the 19th? 20th? 21st?

Most people who feel they are being ridiculed wouldn't stick around that long....

Desi

• gumby
    gumby

Funny.....I don't seem to remember Jesus leaving Galilee because people didn't like him or agree with him. He only left when his life was in danger. Is your life in danger brownboy? Paul didn't leave his places od ministry either......unless he was run out of town.

What are you afraid of here?

Of course, you call it ridicule and persecution, because of your beliefs of the WTBTS. Normal people call it debate.

I think Shamus nailed it well.

Come back when you can reason well, and you'll be appreciated more. ....Oh......and don't judge others......it pisses them off!

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit