Another Elder is toast

by jst2laws 64 Replies latest jw friends

• hippikon
    hippikon

There will always be power hungry "Little Men" who are willing to step into your shoes.

Sorry that wasn't aimed at you Copernicus

"But it does move"
    Galileo

• Copernicus
    Copernicus
    There will always be power hungry "Little Men" who are willing to step into your shoes.

How right you are my friend, how right you are.

• think41self
    think41self

Just2laws,

I would give you a hug if you were here. I think you would have been one of the kind and caring elders that I always appreciated, they didn't seem to be that numerous!

I will say for those in your congregation...I am sure they will miss you sorely, as they will now be left in the hands of those less qualified and less loving...what a shame. But I am so happy for you that you are on the road to recovery! Good luck with your family!
    Hee Hee, we can say that now, you know.

think41self

• Farkel
    Farkel

jst2laws,

It's almost never the jack-booted Nazi elder types who do what you've done, but rather the honest and sincere elders who are resigning and leaving. With good people like you no longer serving, the flock is going to get beat up even more by ruthless little men who love their power.

: The official notice came without even mentioning the charges in my scathing resignation letter, lacking any “thanks for your 35 years of dedication and sacrifice”, sealed with the cold and indifferent red rubber stamp.

Just like what happened with Ray Franz, Ed Dunlap and many others. If it's any consolation to you, that puts you in the best of company.

You are always encouraged to write me if you want to discuss something. There are also many, many wonderful people on this board that are more than willing to do for you whatever they can.

Farkel

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Peterstride, Prica, Francoise, Copernicus, and all others,

I really appreciate you response and support. Francoise, as far as this congregation, I am only one of several elders lost in the past year. You are right, though, the brothers left produce a very different spirit for the elder body.
    The two or three loving brothers left on the body will not last.

But several times others have pointed out God does not put ‘new wine in old wine skins’. If I can avoid Dfing I will be there for the individuals, but not to save an organization.

Hippikon
    Yes, you can do more from the inside than the outside, if what you happen to be inside is humble and pliable. To try to fix this org will only result in abuse of yourself and those you love. I have tried a long time, with many letters to the service department, the writing department, and the Governing Body. I have mitigated damage at the congregation level, even accepting assignments to judicial hearings only to try to divert harm to the humble confessor. All it takes is for one hot shot, super righteous new elder to move in or get appointed, or a corporate loyal CO to come visit and away goes your efforts to make the body more Christ-like. It just doesn’t work, Hip. But you are right to propose the possibility.

Jst2laws

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hi again jst2laws:

You said:

To try to fix this org will only result in abuse of yourself and those you love. I have tried a long time, with many letters to the service department, the writing department, and the Governing Body. I have mitigated damage at the congregation level, even accepting assignments to judicial hearings only to try to divert harm to the humble confessor

I understand your feelings of, your hands are tied in trying to "fix the org." You are/were an elder, a brother. As a women, how much more tied are our hands?

I would so dearly love to see some result of some kind of action from me, a "lowly" sister, but what can we do to open the eyes of others? It is so heartbreaking to see this org. in its true light...and not be able to express it to others without bringing about abuse or ostrasizing to myself.

I'm desperately trying to find the happy medium here in helping or directing peoples' thoughts in the right direction without having the "goon squad descend upon me".

Just grasping at straws here maybe....!

Had Enough

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Congratulations J2L

I think for many when you first posted it was obvious as to where you would end up. Contrary to what people have been led to believe it is not the "weak" ones who are somehow "misled" into leaving, but it is those with principles who only wanted to live for what they believed in, not just what they were told was "truth".

I hope all goes well for you. Few regret knowing the real truth and life outside of the box takes on a completely different feel with this new perspective.

This has been the easy part. Next comes wrestling with the difficult questions about God and the Bible. Whatever path you choose, you will hopefully enjoy the peace of mind that comes with freedom and the respecting and tolerating the different viewpoints and beliefs of others.

Path

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

This is really encouraging for me to read, as I still have to waste my time in worthless shepherding calls that only serve to put pressure on the flock to "do more... do more" and pointless service meeting parts that are designed for the sole purpose of building "organizational bigness".

Tally HO! Carry on as men... and make sure the fuse is properly lit beforee you make that final trip accross the bridge.

Soon, my time will come as I have my wife investigating the true history of the Jewish nation, including the proper dates ie 586...

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Farkel
    You have been a great help. You remember my first post here I tried to avoid responding to you. I lurked for a long time at H2O and was reluctant to lock horns with anyone. I guess I was invested 110% in my war on the Pharisees inside the organization. But you have been very helpful, on the board and by e-mail. I want to thank you and everyone here, including Rick for H20.

Had enough
    “"lowly" sister, but what can we do to open the eyes of others?”

As much as anyone. Your hands aren’t tied. Eye opening is not gender specific. You have a heart and a mind and if being a ‘lowly sister’ means anything in this context maybe it means you can reach the heart and mind of people who wouldn’t begin to listen to me. You have been encouraging to me. Keep up the good work.

Jst2laws

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Thank you jst2laws for your kind encouraging words, as always.

Had Enough

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit