Does Jesus being the "Son of God" mean that he is not God by nature ?

by hooberus 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    irishayes I have asked this question before and no one has answered. If God loved the world (us) so much, why would he have sent someone else to die for us? If Jesus died for our sins, and He did, then wouldn't that mean than He performed an act of love and sacrifice for us that is greater than God's?

yes. It was Jesus that asked his father to spare us so it was Jesus that made the sacrifice. I'm too tired to look for the scriptures that reference that but I'm more then confident someone on the board knows where they are.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    irishayes I have asked this question before and no one has answered. If God loved the world (us) so much, why would he have sent someone else to die for us? If Jesus died for our sins, and He did, then wouldn't that mean than He performed an act of love and sacrifice for us that is greater than God's?

yes. It was Jesus that asked his father to spare us so it was Jesus that made the sacrifice. I'm too tired to look for the scriptures that reference that but I'm more then confident someone on the board knows where they are.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Holy thread repetition, Batman!!!

(Seven - is that a record???)

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

omg SEVEN! sheesh make it stop Boy Wonder!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    make it stop Boy Wonder!

And there I was thinking all that hollering meant you liked it.
    Oh, and shush - don't call me "Boy Wonder" in public

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

lol! sorry I lost control of myself.

• irishayes
    irishayes

So what you are saying is that this means Jesus IS greater than God because of the sacrifice He made? How can that be?

See, this is what does not make sense to me about the theory that Jesus is NOT God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit