Does Jesus being the "Son of God" mean that he is not God by nature ?

by hooberus 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I would just like to ask this one question:

Is getting the answer to this question about jehovah right,,is this a matter of geting,,, or,, not getting everlasting life from God??

Does it?? is it???

Why do you spend so much time argueing about this matter????

Actually a little more than 1 question.

• herk
    herk

Kenneson,

But I do not have an understanding that there are three Gods.

To use language like yours, "In one breath you say that ... the Father is Almighty God, the Son is Almighty God, and the Holy Spirit is Almighty God, ... and yet in the other breath you are always pointing out how they are not three Gods, but only one."

herk

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Frankiespeakin,

You're right. Argueing leads to no where. I will therefore desist any further.

• herk
    herk

frankiespeakin,

Is getting the answer to this question ... right?

Jesus warned about false teachers, and the apostle Paul warned about teachers who preach another Christ than the one he taught. We are told to examine all things and hold to what is right. We are also told to defend the truth. There are many reasons why the question needs to be discussed.

If a person has no interest in the topic or is disturbed by it, he or she is free to go elsewhere, of course.

herk

• herk
    herk

Kenneson,

Your confusion reminds me of this cartoon.

herk

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Herk:

If a person has no interest in the topic or is disturbed by it, he or she is free to go elsewhere, of course. herk

So I guess your saying,, in your nice own sweet little way,,,please don't post on this thread,,, Am I reading you right???

• herk
    herk

frankiespeakin,

So I guess your saying,, in your nice own sweet little way,,,please don't post on this thread,,, Am I reading you right???

All I said is you're "free". I didn't hint that you should please do or don't do anything.

herk

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Herk,,

Admit it you don't want me to post here,, come on,,, I'm a blastphemer of Christian dogma.

• herk
  • hooberus
    hooberus
    Hebrews 1:10-12 is a quote from Psalm 102:25-27. The Psalm does not refer to the literal heavens and earth since these will not perish.
    • Numbers 14:21 - But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the LORD.
    • 1 Chronicles 16:30 - Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.
    • Psalms 93:1 - The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved.
    • Psalms 104:5 - Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.
    • Isaiah 11:9 - They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
    • Isaiah 45:18 - For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.
    • Habakkuk 2:14 - For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

The "heavens and earth" are used figuratively elsewhere:

• Psalms 66:4 - All the earth shall worship thee, and shall sing unto thee.
    • Psalms 96:1 - O sing unto the LORD a new song: sing unto the LORD, all the earth.
    • M'Clintock and Strong's Cyclopaedia, Vol. IV, p. 122 - In Isa. lxv, 17, a new heaven and a new earth signify a new government, new kingdom, new people.

Psalm 102 is Messianic. It was written for the "generation to come: and the people which shall be created." (Verse 18, and compare verses 13-16.) The Messiah makes men and women for his kingdom. In the New Testament, "create" is frequently used in reference to this regenerative work of the Lord:

• 2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
    • Galatians 6:15 - For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
    • Ephesians 2:10, 15 - For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make [create] in himself of twain one new man, so making peace.
    • Ephesians 4:23, 24 - And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; and that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
    • James 1:18 - Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

The heavens and earth which were to pass away, rolled up like a garment, are the Mosaic "heavens and earth." This is indicated by the following:

• The writer to the Hebrews elsewhere in his epistle alludes to the language of Psalm 102:26 in describing the termination of the Mosaic order: "Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away." (Hebrews 8:13)
    • The people "that shall be created" refers to those in the new covenant. (Psalms 102:18) It was prophesied of Christ: "Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first [old covenant], that he may establish the second. By the which will we [believers] are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all." (Hebrews 10:9) Again, the context indicates the termination of the Mosaic order.

• The argument in Hebrews 1 is that the Son has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than the angels. (Hebrews 1:4) The reference to the Mosaic "heavens and earth" is an effective argument since angels administered the constitution. (Acts 7:38, 53; Galatians 3:19; Hebrews 2:2) This was the constitution to be folded up as a garment by the Son--therefore the Son must have a more excellent name than the angels.

Hebrews 1:10 might appear to ascribe the Genesis creation to Jesus, but in fact it does not do so. The writer expressly says that he is writing about "the world to come." (Hebrews 2:5; 6:5)

herk

Herk, if you are going to use others arguments you should provide a link:

http://www.bbie.org/WrestedScriptures/B08Trinity/Hebrews1v10-12.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit