Does Jesus being the "Son of God" mean that he is not God by nature ?

by hooberus 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    that this means Jesus IS greater than God

No I'm not saying that. I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. I don't read it that way. I just read it sorta like, God was going to erase us and perhaps start over? or not, but Jesus wanted to stick with us and prove that at least a percentage of us were salvagable and worth hanging on to. Some of us humans would rise to the occasion, proving Satan wrong about "this" creation, that's sorta in a nut shell of an explination. Others will see it in a different way or not agree at all.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Plmkrzy: The closest text to your idea I can think of at the moment is the dialogue between Moses and Yhwh in Exodus 32:9ff:

The LORD said to Moses, "I have seen this people, how stiff-necked they are. Now let me alone, so that my wrath may burn hot against them and I may consume them; and of you I will make a great nation." But Moses implored the LORD his God, and said, "O LORD, why does your wrath burn hot against your people, whom you brought out of the land of Egypt with great power and with a mighty hand? Why should the Egyptians say, 'It was with evil intent that he brought them out to kill them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth'? Turn from your fierce wrath; change your mind and do not bring disaster on your people. Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, your servants, how you swore to them by your own self, saying to them, 'I will multiply your descendants like the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have promised I will give to your descendants, and they shall inherit it forever.' " And the LORD changed his mind about the disaster that he planned to bring on his people.
  • Clinton
    Clinton

Jesus is not greater than God simply because it appears that his sacrifice was greater. God cannot die, if he did we would all cease to exist as well since he is the source of life. Since he cannot die then he made the largest sacrifice he could make, his first born creation, something he loved dearly. Jesus is a God but kind of like in the Bill Murray Groundhog Day way, he is A God not THE God. Or maybe it is like Luke Skywalker in that he has much of the same force that his father has or maybe I have been watching too many movies

Clinton

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit