My Story... please don't freak out on me...

by Big Shooter 108 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Big Shooter
    Big Shooter

My story

Well, I am new here, and I have a very long story. I don?t even know where to begin. I guess I am afraid to even write anything for fear that I have become apostate for expressing my views. I also realize that perhaps I will be ripped to shreds here for what I will write, but I will anyways. Here it goes:

• scotsman
    scotsman

Hey Big

Welcome to the board. Being shunned isn't nice but it's not nearly as bad as the sh*t you've had to put up with.

Enjoy your stay.

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Big Shooter -

Thank you for sharing your story with us! What a trying time you have been through! It must have been difficult for you to write your story - let alone hit the "post" button. But know that you have come to the right place where you WON'T be judged. Please stay for a while and meet some new friends who will support you and will give you the love you don't get at the hall. We are here to help!

:-)

growedup

• Dansk
  • Brummie
    Brummie

Welcome Big, great to see you maybe getting off that Watchtower treadmill. They have had you running around like a headless chicken man, you had a baby at a young age, you should have been supported through it all, thats when you and your wife needed help the most. Congrats to the both of you for remaining happily married despite of your mistake, she sounds like a good woman, I hope this is the beginning of you all finding freedom from that depressing religion. Give your little one a hug and be proud of the day you brought the child onto this earth, dont matter how old you were, what matters is that you are proud.

Welcome aboard

Brummie

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Welcome to the board. I've been in your shoes too. My hubby and I went through the same thing your wife and you have gone through except it was reversed. I was baptized, he wasn't. After we got married it was within two years that he finally was able to meet the criteria and be baptised.

Your story is so much like ours, family pressure, the work schedule the meeting schedule, the constant unending treadmill of life. There were often times where I felt I was going to just go over the edge from the stress, I swear I was near nervous breakdowns a number of times, the guilt put on you to attend meetings, get your time in service are enormous.

yes, we walked away, I left my family behind. My husband and I are free to live life, happy and free and our children are growing up normal.

Don't feel guilty.

You have found an oasis here, enjoy.

love

cj

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Big Shooter,

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Yours is a heart-breaking story ? but so typical. We can all empathise with some, if not all, you have experienced and are still experiencing. Don?t be afraid, you?re amongst friends now ? who WON?T judge you! You made a mistake and were big enough to stand up for it. I?m so glad you and your family are all one!!

I am paranoid because i know my parents will shun me and ignore me if i stop coming to meetings. but i see my son starting to grow up the same way that i used to feel as a child, and it scares me to death, i dont want him to go thru the same thing.

If you stay in the organisation yoy know that's inevitable! The best thing you can do is take a deep breath, chill out, sit back and read the posts here - because you'll find you have so much in common with people here. We are NOT apostates, we are loving comrades!

Love to you and your family. Have courage!

Ian

• franklin J
    franklin J

Welcome to the forumm, big,

you will not be shunned here. Congratulations on going to college; your marriage and your newborn. Those are very heavy things to have on your plate at one time, at your age. Good luck, and take one day at a time.

Frank

• Big Shooter
    Big Shooter

Thank you so much for your support here... my wife is an amazing women, and I have made my share of mistakes. We stayed up talking about this for like 4 hours last nite. All we needed at that young age was support from our so called friends. Only 2 of our friends stuck by us thru that whole thing. We were a big shame to my family.. all our so called friends turned on us, they only wanted to be with us when they realized what a cute baby we had. We have another baby coming in 3 months, and I feel so much better being able to express my views openly here. All my life I've been told to shut up and accept everything, never question anything. I mean I still believe in a creator and a lot of the things i've learned. But we can no longer stand for these unwritten rules from people in the hall! I mean, we are told not to compare ourselves with otherse in the hall, yet we have to meet the national average for hours. So many things.... Thank you for your support here !

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Welcome, Big Shooter!

Thank you for sharing your story. It took a lot of courage for you to write that. When I first came here, I was hurting and terrified, too. I lurked for awhile before I got up the courage to post anything. In the meantime, I read a lot of the posts, and learned a lot.

There are many folks here who know how you feel!

I hope you and your family find the peace that you are looking for.

Regards,
    Cicatrix

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit