My Story... please don't freak out on me...

by Big Shooter 108 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the board Big Shooter.

Your story makes me realise how lucky I was not to have ever been baptised. I am 3rd generation and made the mistake of introducing my new wife to the Troof and have ended up surrounded by JW family, my kids and all.

At 52 years I have only just realised that it is not the Troof and I am not the sinner they pretended I was. I missed out on the shunning by not getting baptised. I knew I could never be good enough, so I just didn't do it. I didn't want to be DFd.

That doesn't mean I am out of the crap though, as my family know that I am now thinking their FDS are a bunch of scheming, lying bastards with the guidance system of a headless chicken.

You sound like you are going to make a good Dad and husband to me, and you won't need a WT crutch to help you. As you have discovered, they offer you a crutch and then kick it out from under you every time you really need it anyway.

Christian love to you and your family

Chris

blacksheep

Sorry I pirated your username, I never checked

• AlanB
    AlanB

Thanx for the support zion !! Unfortunately, I am sick and tired of pretending and making everything for show. I am going to be frank and honest about the wrong things I did in the past, and I am not going to pretend I havent screwed up unlike some people !! I know what you mean.... Now I can at least be honest about my failings, putting them into context of my own beliefs, rather than a set of rules. I am a good person now because I have my own values, which counts for a lot more with God I am sure, OK yes I screw up sometimes, yet its me that faces the consiquences. I also found that (as with my ex wife) there are so many that feel that as long as they obey the rules they are good people, when in fact they are well screwed up and cannot face their true feelings.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I would suggest going with your marriage with all your heart. Concentrate on being a excellent husband and father. That is your family now, and that is what matters the most. As time goes on, you will find new friends, who really are friends, and you will blessed.

The pain of everything the organization has brought you will probably always be there, but with time it will heal some. You are still young, just look forward to the future. It will be the best thing you have ever done.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

{{{{Big Shooter and Wife}}}}} You guys came to the right place!!! You will find this place an awesome, compassionate, caring group of people............we left the Society because most of us were ripped to shreds and judged and made to feel like crap..........you will never get that here!!!! So, I'm not sure if your wife is still true or not to the Society, but, it would be great if you both start posting on here......there are alot of husbands and wives here that both have screen names and post! Welcome!

Terri

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Black Sheep,

Not a problem. You know what they say about great minds....

blacksheep

• Flash
    Flash
    afraid to even write anything for fear that I have become apostate for expressing my views.
    i am so scared to even write this, because I feel like I am apostate for thinking these things..

Your not an apostate for thinking on your own...Just remember we will be HATED for it (Proverbs 14:17b).

I believe in a God that is loving and caring.. would he want us to be like this? Always stressed out? Feeling suffocated? I have held this in my whole life, and I am scared to death that I am even expressing my views here... It reminds me of the Pharisees, who had ridiculous rules, what did Jesus say? He hated it !!

The Gestapo Elders and their double standards are an all too familiar story...The Org. is truly run like a cult!

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

HI, I'm new here too and I know exactly all the pressure you feel. Our service to God should not be like this. Jesus said "my yoke is light". I finally realized to live my life as I felt a Christian should, not by the Watchtower rules. They make up rules on everything. Forget it! You and your wife decide what values you and your children are going to have in YOUR household and abide by that. (By the way, I don't see anything wrong with Scooby Doo...my kids and neices and nephews all watched it.) If people have the nerve to say anything point them to one of the other millions of TVs in the world and don't give it another thought!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Big Shooter,

I admire your stand. You are finally being true to yourself. From that will come freedom and happiness.

Welcome to you and your wife.

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

Hey Big. Welcome to the board. Oh, and don't worry about offending people around here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit