My Story... please don't freak out on me...

by Big Shooter 108 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Big Shooter
    Big Shooter

or you gotta love the people that just highlight the whole magazine in one color...

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Big Shooter, hi!

I've really enjoyed listening to all of your realizations about the organization! It's all going to flood over you and it will be such an incredible relief to you and your precious family.

It's clear to me that you ARE a very good head of your household. You can see what is really best for your family. You are definitely NOT a blind person.

It naturally will cause some confusion, a lot of confusion, even pain, trying to understand why your own parents, whom you love and respect, have been so blinded by this hypocritical, unloving, irrational organization that is their life and that has been yours up till now. But it's part of the growth that you're experiencing and it's okay.

So glad to have you here and you have nothing to fear. YOU are in control now. And it sounds like you are going to be just fine.

And by the way, there's nothing to judge you for anyway, so that's why I for one, along with so many others here, wouldn't think of judging you or your wife. I hope she decides to join in too. Lots of nice, loving, sane people here.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I'm tagging this thread, number 1 with a bullet

Big Shooter. I was going to shorten your name to the 2 letter acronym, but ............

Question for you. Did you lurk here before you decided to post, or did you just find this board?

You mentioned about birthdays:

Why cant you celebrate birthdays? yes, there are 2 examples in the bible of bad things.. but i'm sorry, i cannot forget the birth of my son or its date

Actually there are at least 3 instances of birthdays mentioned in the bible. The one I remember well was Jesus' Birth Day and it was described like this:

Luke 2 vs 8 - 20 MSG version.... 8 There were sheepherders camping in the neighborhood. They had set night watches over their sheep. 9 Suddenly, God's angel stood among them and God's glory blazed around them. They were terrified. 10 The angel said, "Don't be afraid. I'm here to announce a great and joyful event that is meant for everybody, worldwide: 11 A Savior has just been born in David's town, a Savior who is Messiah and Master. 12 This is what you're to look for: a baby wrapped in a blanket and lying in a manger."
    13 At once the angel was joined by a huge angelic choir singing God's praises:
    14 Glory to God in the heavenly heights,
    Peace to all men and women on earth who please him.

15 As the angel choir withdrew into heaven, the sheepherders talked it over. "Let's get over to Bethlehem as fast as we can and see for ourselves what God has revealed to us." 16 They left, running, and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby lying in the manger. 17 Seeing was believing. They told everyone they met what the angels had said about this child. 18 All who heard the sheepherders were impressed.
    19 Mary kept all these things to herself, holding them dear, deep within herself. 20 The sheepherders returned and let loose, glorifying and praising God for everything they had heard and seen. It turned out exactly the way they'd been told!

Seemed like a pretty happy occasion to me !

Edited to add P.S. Put your wife on !

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Big I'm glad you found this place. As you may have realized most of us are no longer JWs. Many of us have come to similar conclusions about the WTS and have left.

Some things you will need to work on are separating God "Jehovah" from the WTS. They aren't the same even though you have been taught that the WTS speaks for God. Recognizing the difference is a struggle many of us have had to go through. Someone provided a link above. Read as much of it as you can. Do your research about the JWs and make your decisions without pressure from anyone. Deciding what to believe is very important for the future of you and your family.

You also have some hard decisions to make. I am glad to read your in-laws are no involved with the JWs and that they are supportive of you and your family. You will need that more than you know.

If you decide to stop your involvement with the WTS you will quickly find things can get more difficult between you and your family and the cong. Be prepared. Get strength from the in-laws, any friends (non-JW) that you have and from the folks here. Start building up those supports. If your family winds up shunning you then you will need all the support you can get.

When you are ready, see if there are some folks here who live near you. You may find a lot (not all) of the posters listed on the maps here http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/67009/1.ashx. Many who live close to each other get-together for friendship and support.

Most important think about your decisions carefully. If you need to buy some time regarding the family many people have found that claims of sickness or depression help to get them off some things. Neither one would be a lie because being a JW often creates illnesses and depression due to the extreme stress.. And you sure sound like you fit the bill

Take good care of yourself and your family. Do things together to make you feel good and that you are working toward a common goal - health and freedom. And keep talking to each other.

• Big Shooter
    Big Shooter

Lady Lee, That is so true!! Have we ever wondered why so many people are sick and depressed?? Its because you have not freakin time to rest your battered body after a whole week of work and stress!! Heaven forbid you cant wake up for service!! I guess one of the highlights was what happened a few weeks ago. My wife had a talk scheduled for the ministry school.. and she couldnt do it because she felt down. So she called the overseer the night before to let him know... instead of him being understanding, what did he say? "Why didnt you tell me earlier so that I could find a fill-in?" Can you believe that?? In all her years, she had NEVER missed an assignment, yet she was criticized now for cancelling?? The best part is, the overseer and his wife ignore us now at the hall.. they used to always come up and say hello..

• Surfacing
    Surfacing

I'm going through a very similar experience. I know the pressures of family can seem overwhelming. The demands that the organization can put on you can feel like a crushing weight, and it's not something that you can just shrug off. Keep talking about it. I know I'm finally starting to feel a little better about it by just looking at things as objectively and sincerely as possible. You will find lots of support here.

Welcome!

• Big Shooter
    Big Shooter

Crushing and suffocating are the best ways to describe it... I mean, there are so many things that don't quite make sense to me, yet we are just told to have faith, and just BELIEVE it. Instead of explaining why something is a certain way. My wife realized this a long time ago, it just took me longer to figure it out. 26 years I guess.

• Big Shooter
    Big Shooter

Sorry about my rants... I have so many... But I like the announcement you get at the district convention about not milling around during the session, yet you can see about 3,000 people wandering around aimlessly. Or better yet, how encouraging is KH cleaning when you get a list of your designated duties. Unfortunately, everyone else takes off right after the song, so you end up cleaning the whole hall yourself.

• zion sleeping
    zion sleeping

I READ YOU STORIE, AND I CAN UNDERSTAND HOW AND WHY YOU MADE YOUR FIRST MISTAKE, BEEN THERE DONE THAT. BUT MAN!!! WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING TO GO AND BANG ANOTHER ONE . IF YOU BEGIN TO START HAVING PROBLEMS, THINK ABOUT HOW IT STARTED......

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome to the board Shooter. Do you realize what a GOOD DAD you are. NOt to put your kids under mind control. If you read the book "Jehovahs Witnesses & Mental Illness"You will be so happy to know that suddenly realizing this is not a GOD given way of life ,I was a JW over 20 years+. I made 10 people JW,s>>> Please dont worry about the loss of family- If they REALLY love you they wont shun you> if they do !!!then are they what you want in your childrens lives/

Children love to have Grandads, & Granma's -but if all those want is for the little ones to sit in the Kingdom Hell for hours on hours learning how to be self rightous & hate others. You dont need them. !

Jesus said "COME AS YOU ARE" he has thrown all your sins( & mine) into the Lake of forgetfulness & put up a sign "NO FISHING"

Let your kids have gifts on their birthday just like Jesus had on HIS!!!!(((( I love you & your faithful wife))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit