My Story... please don't freak out on me...

by Big Shooter 108 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sassy
    Sassy

Even when you believe in it.. being a JW isn't easy.. it is always the "DO MORE' 'DO MORE" ' DO MORE" mentality...

I quit because I couldn't take it any more.. that and I was offended by the lack of love in the congregation..

What a relief it has been to not be one any more.. and now I am reading Crisis of Conscience, (which you may want to read).. I feel so much better about my decision to quit.

Unfortunately it has put a strain on my relationship with my family though..

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    I'm sorry, but I guess I was just never a good "head" of the household. I was never able to keep up a regular family study every week, do 1/2 hr bible reading every day, watchtower, ministry school, college, work, wife, child!!!

None of these things make a good "head of the household". This kind of stuff doesn't deal with real life issues such as dealing with finances, addressing the problems that your child has, or helping your wife with any troubles she's having.

i'm sorry, but if we are doing a volunteer work, why do we have to record every single thing every month? isnt that for show???

Good, let those thoughts flow! When I first got on here, I made all the jokes I could about the JWs. I needed to make fun of the realities of the JW religion, and I was finally able to do it.

In my opinion, Field Service was nothing but a game to see who could get the most hours in every month. The winner gets gossipped about.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Hi and welcome Big Shooter. You have come to the right place. Here you'll find support and friends.

Devon

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Hey, Big Shooter, welcome!

You may like to check out these links to other websites:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/28/default.ashx

Spanner

• Big Shooter
    Big Shooter

In my opinion, Field Service was nothing but a game to see who could get the most hours in every month. The winner gets gossipped about. That was the funniest thing I have heard all day... LMAO

• Big Shooter
    Big Shooter

Also the fact that if you do make it to the meeting and youre magazine isnt prepared... you have the microphone guy staring down at you like "look at you , you're unprepared again"

• Valis
    Valis

dude...that's why you were supposed to highlite EVERYTHING..*LOL* AND if all else fails just say "Jehovah!"....Always gets a round of applause...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Also the fact that if you do make it to the meeting and youre magazine isnt prepared... you have the microphone guy staring down at you like "look at you , you're unprepared again"

It was worse when you brought the wrong Watchtower. Then, just so you don't look like an ideot, you pretend you're following along.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

dude...that's why you were supposed to highlite EVERYTHING..*LOL*

Valis

To cover their ass, some I know would highlight the cited scriptures in the study article and then highlight, in a different color, the quoted scripture in the paragraph. Then when they got KH, if they had no time to actually 'study', at least it looked like they did

...How pathetic

• Big Shooter
    Big Shooter

the stupid thing is that I went along with the pressure from my family... and in turn pressured my wife to come to meetings. the best part was after we had our child.. we were expected to be there the next meeting!! hello!! you shouldnt bring your newborn to big crowds for at least a few months!! i am so glad my wife didnt cave in there... but when you do come back, everyone asks you "oh where were you" or they make you feel bad. for heavens sakes, ironically enough, my wife is due with our 2nd baby the same weekend as our district convention this year, and already a comment was made that we would be bringing the baby to the convention. I DONT THINK SO !! a 2 day year old baby coming to a crowd of 18,000 people?? the lack of empathy and understanding just blows me away....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit