E-Watchman Has Sent NGO Letters to Over 5000 U.S. Congregations!

by Greenpalmtreestillmine 76 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• willyloman
    willyloman

Still, it must be said: His is the best succinct summary of the Watchtower NGO debacle I've seen. He hits the key points and his charges are irrefutable. I have copied his letter and will show it to anyone who asks me to explain the NGO incident.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

E-watchman,I have no doubt that you are following this thread.You have done a good thing,for which you may pay dearly..My best to you ....OUTLAW

• Confession
    Confession

I think the great strength of his position (to existing JWs) is that he still regards himself as a JW--and still regards JWs as having the truth. It is not directing people away from the organization and so some will accept it--not as the ranting of a vicious apostate--but as the legitimate concern of a genuine JW. That may not result in their siding with him, but it may mean they'll at least read his letter--and that an important truth seed is planted.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    IN THE MID 90S THE WTS CHANGED THE MEANING OF THE DISGUSTING THING - IT ISN'T THE UNITED NATIONS ANYMORE.

I must comment on the above statement ,solely in the interest of clarity

The current Tuesday study book, "Pay Attention to Daniels Prophecy" released 1999 contains the following statement:

dp chap. 17 p. 300 Identifying True Worshipers in the Time of the End ***
    What, though, about the second condition—the "placing," or installation, of "the disgusting thing that is causing desolation"? As we saw in our discussion of Daniel 11:31, this disgusting thing was first the League of Nations and reemerged later as the United Nations. Both are disgusting in that they have been heralded as the only hope for peace on earth. Thus, in the hearts of many, these institutions actually take the place of God’s Kingdom! The League was officially proposed in January 1919. At that time, then, both conditions of Daniel 12:11 were met. So the 1,290 days began in early 1919 and ran until the autumn (Northern Hemisphere) of 1922.

The only change, of which I am aware is that its "standing in the Holy place" is now believed to be a future event , whereas we always taught that it entered the Holy place of presuming to be Mans only hope for peace, when The World Council of Churches endorsed it in 1919 as "The political expresssion of Gods kingdom on Earth"

w99 5/1 pp. 17-18 "Let the Reader Use Discernment" ***
    Since the start of the great tribulation is yet future, is the "standing in a holy place" still ahead of us? Evidently so. While "the disgusting thing" made its appearance early in this century and has, thus, existed for decades, it will take a position in a unique way "in a holy place" in the near future. As first-century followers of Christ must have keenly watched to see how the "standing in a holy place" would develop, so do present-day Christians. Admittedly, we will have to wait for the actual fulfillment to know all the details. Yet, it is noteworthy that in some lands there is already a detectable and growing antipathy toward religion. Some political elements, in league with former Christians who have deviated from the true faith, are promoting hostility against religion in general and true Christians in particular. (Psalm 94:20, 21; 1 Timothy 6:20, 21) Consequently, political powers even now "battle with the Lamb," and as Revelation 17:14 indicates, this fight will intensify. While they cannot literally get their hands on the Lamb of God—Jesus Christ in his exalted, glorified state—they will further vent their opposition against God’s true worshipers, his "holy ones" in particular. (Daniel 7:25; compare Romans 8:27; Colossians 1:2; Revelation 12:17.) We have divine assurance that the Lamb and those with him will be victorious.—Revelation 19:11-21

It seemed weird just posting that stuff up. Just think that I used to believe all that in all seriousness!!

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

I think that this thread (although it may be an old one) is worth keeping at the top, especially for all the new ones joining this forum. His letter is excellent and I have copied it and will put it in my "JW" file for future reference.

bttt

twink

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Does anyone know of someone who resigned position in the organization as a direct result of this letter??

Just curious...
    -Aude.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx all for your comments.

I agree, that if he did really send this letter to all he claimed he did, it was a great move. Also that he has it right in this area.

I just can't imagine living in the complicated place he and others have put themselves.... what would you call it? Limbo?

I have even seen comments by some of his 'followers' on the discussion forum there about how not to 'compromise' when teaching in the ministry of Jehovah's witnesses. Things like how to skirt certain subjects when teaching others, or how to get thru the baptismal questions without giving up the game. Some were even sharing names of individuals who would baptize persons as witnesses?/not witnesses?

To me the games would be too much to endure. Seems like the guy is on a 'reform' effort. Only good thing I can say about that has well been said " a house divided against itself will not stand". So maybe this guy and others like him will help bring down the borg unwitttingly. [snicker]

I asked him in an email to explain the duplicity. His short answer was that God's people could be identified by being 'annointed'. The churches are out in his opinion since they believe the trinity and 'true annointed' ones would know better..i.e.

Talk about trying to put new wine in old wineskins..... cheezz

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit