What Was The Worst Rule You Hated Being Under As A Witness?

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

That's why "The Italian" is so smart.

• buddhatarian
    buddhatarian

The worst rule? There were plenty! But I think the worst was that I, as a woman, had to be in subjection. Not so much to my (now ex) husband because he never insisted on it, but after I became single I got criticized by other sisters because I didn't turn to the elders to help me make decisions. As if I can't make decisions about my own life! Why would some man who wasn't as smart as me be better equipped to run my life? I'm not bashin' all you guys, but the elders in my cong. were not the brainy types. Besides, I gave great talks on the school, and wanted to be able to give regular public talks. i had a talent for it, and it was stupid that I couldn't use it. I didn't care about being an elder; too much responsibility, but giving talks would have been fun!

I also hated the door to door ministry. I was a singlet, so I'd always get stuck in a car with a family with bickering kids. Anybody else out there ever get stuck that way? When I think of the beautiful Sundays I've wasted getting a headache in the back of a van! Thank God I never, never have to go out in field service again! Sometimes I pass the KH and can't help but smile. Its like knowing you never have to go to school again on graduation day!

PS: Aren't holidays fun now too? Not only do you get to celebrate with the rest of the world, you have that delightful sense of doing something wicked...

• obiwan
    obiwan

No, screwing the elders wife was mine.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The "One Towel Rule" was the one that sent me over the edge.

***** Rub a Dub

• minimus
    minimus

The attendants were sometimes instructed to follow kids to the bathrooms if not accompanied by a parent or adult. Some kids would wash their hands for several minutes, just to get out of sitting at the meetings. Rationing paper towels is so silly. .......Elders and MS's were supposed to "take the lead" in making sure they provided monetary contributions..

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Shunning.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

I hated the idea of being in subjection to another person just because of gender. That's what's kept me unmarried all these years.

• minimus
    minimus

Aha! A Jezebel!

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Oh, Minimus, the elders just hated me, I know. A strong willed, educated, feminist, single, Jezebel. That's the nicest compliment I've had all week!

• blondie
    blondie
    I hated the idea of being in subjection to another person just because of gender. That's what's kept me unmarried all these years.

Insomniac, there are men out there who like being in "subjection" to a woman. Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit