What Was The Worst Rule You Hated Being Under As A Witness?

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

No beards or long hair thanks to a magazine written in the 60's which talked about the hippies....outdated you think?

• minimus
    minimus

I hated knowing everyone else could eat birthday cake but me! I hated knowing that I was TRAINED to be condescending.

• fraidycat9
    fraidycat9

The unwritten ones:

1. If thou art an elder, thou shalt make XX numbers of hours per month or thou shalt be an elder no mo?.
    2. Thy wife better make ?em too for she hath great bearing as to whether thou shalt remain one.
    3. Oh, and don?t forget thy child(ren)
    4. If thou art a ministerial servant, thou best partner up with an influential elder if thou wants to get ?somewhere?
    5. Thou must understandeth the unwritten code of how many meetings thou can miss before it becomes completely unacceptable
    6. Thou shalt not be in a position of power secularly and have much education.
    7. Thou shalt not accept employment where much travel is involved
    8. Thou shalt not challenge any saying uttered forth from da platform lessen thou desireth to be reprimanded or labeled.
    9. If thou art female, that goeth double
    10. Thou shalt not...and so on and so on and shooby dooby dooby
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Not being able to express thoughts and ideas that conflicted with what the WTS taught

Having to go to meetings

Having to go out in field service

Having to pray for groups

Not getting to have close non-JW friends

• shotgun
    shotgun

Non-Jw's were bad association

No Holidays, birthdays and sitting during the national anthem in school!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Minimus, your point about segregation is well taken - see, they play mind games with us all the time!!! Just recently, yet another reminder, this time at the Book Study: "Widen out!! Love the whole association of brothers! Include more individuals from the congregation in your 'circle,' " WHILE AT THE SAME TIME TELLING EVERYONE FROM THE PLATFORM AND IN THE BACK ROOMS not to associate with the weak ones!!!

Sons of worthless b's! So glad they can't mess with my mind and heart ANYMORE!

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Probably the one that did me most damage was the "headship" thing...Men can boss their wives around (or any female, actually), and it's perfectly ok.

But I also really hated the beards and long hair thing. I cried when Steven cut his hair and shaved his beard. I was still "opposed" then. Fortunately, he has hair halfway down his back again and a beard that looks like he could be in ZZ Top (actually, I'd prefer it if he'd trim it)

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I guess door to door work really sucked.

Knocking on your schoolmates doors and then getting laughed at in school Monday morning is kind of tough. My Mother would always tell me I would get "everlasting life" for this torture. So I guess Jehovah owes me one everlasting life!

I rather cash it in for something I could use right now! Like a case of vicodans!

• Swan
    Swan

No mini-skirts!

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

meeting attendance and service. all the rest you could easily get by with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit