What Was The Worst Rule You Hated Being Under As A Witness?

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

How about no going to the bathroom during the song? My word, you weren't supposed to go during the talk or the Wt lesson so I mean, why have a bathroom? Just have a building with no windows, no bathroom and no water fountain (or you might have to go to the bathroom).

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I don't know if I had one. When I was in, it was because I really believed all that nonsense. I knew about the "unwritten" rules, and I tended to just at them.

I lived my life then by my own conscience. I did what I felt was right at the time.

• gumby
    gumby

First I want to say how nice it is to see mary back ! She wise, funny, and tells it as she see's it. Hi Mary

I lived my life then by my own conscience. I did what I felt was right at the time.

Hey Big T., ya little bastard.

I think your comment was as to the "unwritten rules"......correct? You didn't mean you defied watchtower law if your conscience allowed it, did ya? I see you as I was.........a believer and follower of whatever the society taught.

I also in areas where there was no strict rule.......just did what I wanted to. Had the GB been able to see how many dubs acted where there was 'no rule'.........they would have shit their britches in many cases!

• glad2Bfree
    glad2Bfree

I just hated being told, that it's wrong to think for myself. That whole," Don't rely on your own understanding," crap really pissed me off.

Proverbs 2:11 ...thinking ability itself will keep guard over you, knowledge itself will safeguard you.

What more do you need?

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Having to wear secret underwear.

Oops, sorry, wrong cult. Isn't this the X-LDS forum?

• astridkittie
    astridkittie

No dating, no body modifications *body piercings especially*, not being able to eat the bread at the Memorial really bugged me, especially when I was a kid, mainly because I'm such a curious person by nature I wanted to know what it tasted like and still do :P, and not being able to seriously consider other religious doctrines and other points of view, most of all developing my own independence of thought, bugged me most of all :P

In fact the last one was why I left... I tried to control my wanting to be independent thought-wise repeatedly, failed repeatedly, and finally got to feeling like such a hypocrite for having these feelings and staying in the organization that I figured I might as well leave and since I'm doomed already go ahead and indulge these feelings while I still could.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I hated not seeing extended family for holidays and birthdays. We had a huge extended family, four great grandparents and one great-great grandma still living. There was easy 250+ people at gatherings. My great grandprents have been dead for almost a decade now, I miss them, mainly because our family moved 1800 miles away and I did not get to see them at all for the last few years of their lives.

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

for me to pick a rule out and say this is the rule that pisses me off is like picking out a turd out of the septic and saying this turd here really pisses me off. I cant do it, I hate them that stay and thair whole org. I can site one rule that sucks easy enough but it comes down to the whole ball of wax for me. it is all one big septic tank. and if I can leave and think for myself, than any one can do it, and I have no sympathy for any one who lets them self be bullied around when all they have to do is stand up and walk away, every one feels for an underdog but if the dog stays and takes it and just rolls over when it is easy enough to walk away and they stay only for the security the org. gives them, they deserve the life they make for themselves, ben franklin said it best "those who would trade freedom and liberty for security deserve neither"

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The worst rule is that you have to abide by ALL of their rules or be damned.

I never got baptised cos I knew I would eventually be DFd.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Got my forty says:

...door to door work really sucked. Knocking on your schoolmates doors and then getting laughed at in school Monday morning is kind of tough.

It might have had sumpin' to do with the part in your hair not being straight...other than that you're a fine-looking fella (fella?).

Sorry, just couldn't restist the temptation. *LOL*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit