What Was The Worst Rule You Hated Being Under As A Witness?

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

minimus my friend you have asked this fu----g question before -- not being able to see my parents on Christams day was certainly one --no oral was another

• Matty
    Matty

Definitely having to go on the door to door work. I absolutely hated doing it, but I knew I had to, as I was commanded to do so. I didn't want to be "bloodguilty" in front of Jehovah and then die at Aramgeddon.

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Too many to list here, but here's a few that come to mind:

- No oral sex (yeah, like I ( or 50% of other JWs) believed or followed that one)

- No smoking (makes sense as a habit, but on occasion, a cigar or spliff is oh so noice. So, didn't follow that too well either)

- No R-rated movies (another one I, and many others, took as another unscriptural teaching. So, did that too, as a jaydub.)

- Supposed to obey the speed limits (not a chance, to this day, 90% + of JWs break that one daily)

- No partaking of the bread and wine at the Memorial ( I now do, along with other ex-JWs, at our own Memorial service each year)

- As a teen, no being a member of High School sports teams (that still ruffles my feathers)

- As a teen, no dating (yeah, right- I just dated behind Mom's back. Still sucked having to sneak something normal)

- Etc, etc, etc.....................

• Sassy
    Sassy

Rule about treating disfellowshipped or disassociated family members...

and.. rule about not being able to get divorced unless there is adultry involved

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    - As a teen, no dating (yeah, right- I just dated behind Mom's back. Still sucked having to sneak something normal)

That one really burned my tail. No dating until you're 20 years old. Some of you are probably asking where the hell did I get age 20 from. If you look in the Your Youth book, it'll say that dating shouldn't be done until maturity which usually occurs in a person's early 20s.

Hell, if they lowered the dating limit, I would have dated JW girls. Instead I had to sneak out on dates. I had to sneak phone calls. I had to sneak everything. It was horrible always wondering if there were any JWs out and about while I was on a date.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Not being able to think that the greatest scientific minds were right, even though in my heart, I knew they were.

• Joysome
    Joysome

"worldly association". I missed out on a lot of good times!

• minimus
    minimus

SEGREGATION-----NO ASSOCIATION WITH ANYONE BUT A JW and NO ASSOCIATION WITH "WEAK" JWS, EITHER!

• Dawn
    Dawn

You must accept EVERYTHING the org says and are not allowed to question or research other opinons

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit