What Is The Most Ridiculous Thing You Have Heard From A Witness?

by minimus 133 Replies latest jw friends

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

"I don't let my kids watch the Flintstones because Fred is always lying to wilma"

• jp1692
    jp1692

“Jehovah’s people are the thinkingest people on the planet!” - Anthony Morris III

Getting to Know You - ToMo III, part 11

Go to 2:54" for this quote.

• minimus
    minimus

I could watch the Munsters but could not watch bewitched and I could watch I dream of Jeannie but nothing of the occult

• James87
    James87

“Jehovah’s people are the thinkingest people on the planet!” - Anthony Morris III"

Trump would be proud of them

• Dagney
    Dagney
    I could watch the Munsters but could not watch bewitched and I could watch I dream of Jeannie but nothing of the occult

I could watch the Addams Family and Jeannie, but not the Munsters. LOL

I'm sure there are hundreds of thing. Reading over the previous comments I remembered a few things.

Playing chess is like playing war and creates a "warlike spirit". I'm like 10 yo and used to play with my brother. Really!

Pinatas ok. Pinatas not okay. An elder's wife asked me one time at the meeting if I knew what the "current understanding of pinatas" was.

The religion is nuts.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I was barely baptized and a sister said, "I can't see this system lasting longer than 5 more years."

That was in 1990. Oops.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Have you asked your wife what she thinks about the two-witness rule, and how it affects children who are the victims of sexual abuse?

I got the standard excuses. "It's Jehovah's arrangement, we just have to trust it." "There can be bad people in any group." Etc. She wouldn't trust any details that I gave regarding specific cases, because I was an evil apostate. She certainly wouldn't look at any external information because that was all apostate lies too. She was a lost cause if ever there was one.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Return of the jedi had just come out and an elder went about admonishing individuals they shouldn' watch it because it was titled "star wars" and Christians don't go to war.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Can't take blood, but only blood fractions, whatever that is, but anyway, blood fractions come from blood . . WTF ???

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Sorry my earlier post suffered from the curse of auto correct, I meant to say that from the assembly platform it was said that we should not be texting since it is a distraction, this was when texting first came out

Texting not testing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit