What Is The Most Ridiculous Thing You Have Heard From A Witness?

by minimus 133 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Nobody is exempt from dumbness,but why is it a JW specialty.. Adam and Eve were JW's...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Stifled the questioner and she was “only” given private reproof.

So you mean she's been missing out since then? How many years?

My JW mother loves to say: "The most dangerous people are those that are sure they are right but they are not."
    I die laughing and crying a little bit every time she says it.

• TD
    TD

That the word, "secular" is derived from the word, "secondary."

(This piece of wisdom was offered as proof that spiritual things take precedence over working for a living.)

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I've shared quite a few things that are off-the-wall. One that got a lot of attention was this CO who mentioned that two sisters became lesbians because they decided to watch Mexican novelas together.

Also, I remember an elder who visited to give a talk, who mentioned that a brother was preaching in a dangerous area, and somebody shot him, but angels protected him and the bullet bounced from his head.

Then there was what I consider one of the worse narcissistic personality disorder I've ever met in person. This elder said that he is Jehovah during a talk.

This other elder trained himself to eat leaves because he was convinced that leaves were the only thing left during the great tribulation (He had 13 children; to me that's the real origin of the idea of eating leaves).

Another elder loved to tell a rather diverse wealth of stories involving demons attacking JWs for being loyal. One that I remember (I was 7, and it was so inappropriate for me to be exposed to that kind of information at that age). was about a loyal JW woman who was always being attacked by demons because her husband wasn't and he was attracting them. He said that one night the demons were rubbing and licking her breasts, and touching her lady parts.

• minimus
    minimus

This is sooo funny...., keep em coming

• carla
    carla

If I can access my memory banks and 'lying' I will post it. It is deep, in a far away place due to the pain and suffering it caused. Oh the hell with it, use your imaginations, I'm not going there.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

“You can live forever in a paradise on earth”

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

"We need to stay away from violent sports like roller derby"

• Michigan22
    Michigan22
    The lady who came here for Bible study told me I was no longer allowed to talk about the supernatural experiences I had in my house because I was bringing forth the demons that were surely targeting her and the other sister that were here. Satan was talking through me. Meanwhile, I was in MY house, serving them coffee and had studied for over a year.
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

40 years ago

" what are some examples of tv shows or movies we should avoid that deal in the occult?"

"The munsters!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit