What Is The Most Ridiculous Thing You Have Heard From A Witness?

by minimus 133 Replies latest jw friends

• Perfidious
    Perfidious

"I hope this is the last time they change the generations prophecy or I'll be really cheesed off. But I suppose they know what they're doing."

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I used to love hearing demon stories. One of my ex-gf's dad claimed that he knocked on an occultists home and when the man put his hand out to accept the magazine, chains suddenly appeared on his wrists and pulled his arm back.

Bull - shit!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Oh! Oh!

Demon stories

My brother is full of them. I grew up with his demon experiences.

When he moved out of home and rented his own place, his furnished apartment had *gasp!* a crucifix hanging on the wall. Oh my oh my. My bro started getting thrown out of bed at night, the demons started whispering and *gasp!* bro couldn't pull the cross off the wall! It was stuck there!

So, bro called the local JW exorcist - the boss elder - and he went over and prayed to Jehovah with bro. Which unstuck the cross from the wall. But *gasp!*, when they took it outside and put it in the burning barrel, *gasp!*, IT WOULDN'T BURN!!!! More prayers followed and the crucifix was reduced to ash...dust to dust, apparently.

Oh, I could go on for ages...about the chicken NAILED! to the road in front of bro's driveway. And the time that I was visiting and he claimed later that I made the furniture fly around the room with the help of the demons.

Gasp! Demons!

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

@PeteZahut The birds of prey theory was going around strong in some congregations. I remember being on a vacation trip with my ex husbands family and the aunt looked at the sky at a flock of birds and commented that Armageddon was near because of the increase of birds of prey because they needed to help get rid of the bodies.....

The demon stories...where do i even start? It seems that there was always a JW moving into a house full of demons and when the elders searched the house there was a little stamp/medallion/cross of Jesus/Virgin Mary/Saint. As soon as they threw out the little medallion- everything was normal. The fact that this was around the time all the Poltergeist movies were popular just added to the paranoia and hysteria about demons.

1986- proclaimed year of "peace and security" - now Armageddon was really close! Everyone was buzzing with excitement that year.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

what is it with dubs and demons ? my late father was a dub for 60 years. he was a very intelligent man--held a very mentally challenging job in the electronics industry. yet he often repeated the same old dub-demon stories--i think he really belived them. never happened to him though--just anecdotal tales told by others. i just gave up on it all.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Stanley what is it with dubs and demons ? my late father was a dub for 60 years. he was a very intelligent man--held a very mentally challenging job in the electronics industry. yet he often repeated the same old dub-demon stories--i think he really belived them. never happened to him though--just anecdotal tales told by others. i just gave up on it all.

I think for people that are not disposed to lie themselves, and were raised by parents who didn't , it's very difficult for them to grasp that others lie. So they naturally believe others stories.

I also have a neighbour who tells the most enormous whoppers, I mean real out-and-out totally fabricated stories.

But the funny thing is she doesn't NEED to tell these lies, she's not benefitting from them. I honestly believe she thinks she's pleasing me by telling ME what she thinks I'd like to hear. It may be almost a cultural thing in that she thinks it's a form of rudeness to say nothing of note in a conversation.

Except of course lying is habit forming.

I think dubs MAKE themselves believe these stories they think others want to hear ..stories they get validation from.

But then the lying becomes second nature and when you combine this 'story telling' with ' theocratic warfare' you see how they can easily become a caught up in this world of falsehood, to put it politely.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

diogenesister--ooh--i hear you alright.

my previous wife taught me all about lying. took me a few months after we got married i started to realise things she told me werent adding up. took another 2 years before i could prove it all. what a mess. still--long gone now.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Fractions of blood are synthetic --that's why we can take them.--said by a long time spiritual giant

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Said by my dub brother following a natural disaster :

"these mass causality things often seem to happen in countries where there aren't many JWs, makes you wonder if Jehovah's getting a head start on Armageddon".

Me:

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

My personal watershed moment will always be at Gilead when discussing the first chapters of 2Kings. Rutherford = Elijah and Knorr = Elisha. That was it for me. The bird flew in and out of the clock and I checked out right there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit