What was your very first job ?

by xjw_b12 68 Replies latest jw friends

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Deli/gas station/video rental/clerk at a deli down the road from my house.

• dustyb
    dustyb

i worked at Best Buy as a salesman. It taught me how to lie, cheat and steal and minipulate people effectively. now i know how to run a dirty business and get away with it clean slate, i know how to maximize sales with shit that people don't need, and i can minipulate anybody if i put my mind to it. I also learned a lot about corporations, and applied the structure to how the WTS is set up and its exactly the same thing. now i miss best buy since i left, because some of my skillz are gettin rusty =P

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Depends on how I look at it. My very FIRST job was delivering flyers. I learned a great lesson from that job. Busting my ass 4 times a month, 2-3 hours each wasn't worth the shitty $24 I got at the end of the month.

I used to do a lot of work for other people ie babysitting, cutting grass, and fixing their electronic equipment. I made some pretty good cash doing all that in my teen years.

After high school, I worked for a Temp company. They basically get you to fill in for people who are on holidays at various jobs. I got sent home from the first one I went to. Turned out they didn't need anyone. For the second one, I was sorting and stapling papers, in a room, all by myself, for a whole week. The pay was shit - minimum wage when it was at $5.40 per hour

My first real job was working at Superblinds. I was a shipper/reciever, and I punched holes in the head and bottom rails.

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

I too worked at a pizza joint. I served pizza and beer at age 14. I learned to not trust men.A customer threw a salt shaker at me and called me the "C" word in front of his family. The manager one night after closing time tried putting his hand up my skirt.I never went back.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

sally

I really learned to patient with people!!!!!!!!!!

That's what makes you a great mom I'm sure.

Toe

The lesson learnt was that England is too bl**dy cold to clean windows in Winter!!!

You should see the window cleaners here when's it's -30C. They're pouring more antifreeze into themselves than their buckets.

joannadandy

I worked at an afterschool program for elementary kids. Kind of a daycare, but at school.

Why does that not surprise me, being the loving, caring person you are. P.S. Want to look after a 14 yr old girl and her 12 yyr old brother?

Spunky

Deli/gas station/video rental/clerk at a deli down the road from my house.
    You are a multi-tasker. Please don't tell me you were 14 at the time?
  • freelife
    freelife

i worked with my slave driving brother in law in the summer when i was in school. I was his laboror on his framing crew. I was maybe a 135 LBS at the time with no muscle and he expected me to be able to carry twice my weight with the same speed that he was moving at. On top of that it was almost record heat that summer like in the 90's for a month straight. That was pure hell.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I worked on my cousin's farm during the summer time picking cotton, planting potatoes, etc. It gave me a little spending money, but it wasn't pleasant work. My first real job was as a bag boy at National Food Stores. Good money, but aching feet.

• JH
    JH

My first job was in a paper mill during the summer time.. When you're a student and you earn a very good salary, it's fun. Then when you make out your income tax report and all the money you paid in income tax comes back, that's fun too.

• seedy3
    seedy3

My first job was bailing hay and stacking it, what I learned is it's damn hard work.

Seedy

• Smyler
    Smyler

My first job was a temp/weekend job on a potato harvester for a Witness's farm, who went bankruct the next year... probably due to their huge spendings on cars, dirtbikes etc.

Last summer I worked for another Witness farm, which I loved doing! Half the time, the harvester broke down so we sat in the dirt for 3 hours and getting paid!! I hope do be working for them this summer/fall again! $7.80 isn't bad for a 15 year old!

smyler

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit