BOLD move

by Puternut 31 Replies latest jw friends

• freelife
    freelife

P-nut, All I can say is You are THE MAN. I hope that you can live your dream, now is your chance. I hope you can do it and I hope that it will help to ease your pain now that you are out of the borg. I think that everyone does somthing that they thought they would never have a chance at doing in the borg. Some of us go off the deep end and others take chances on things that they would not have a chance at doing in the troof. Take life by the balls and don't let go.

Your Bro.

Clint

• dustyb
    dustyb

go go go, just take brownboy with you and drop him off in the middle of hawaii and guam =D thank you! otherwise i say have fun and take a computer w/ you and keep in touch.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Sounds WONDERFUL!!!! Go for it, Puternut. I'd sail from California to Hawaii and then down to Australia, stopping at every island along the way. Send us postcards!!!

Nina

• Amy in PA
    Amy in PA

(Hey, puter: as you read the following, you will probably note I've come a long way since last week. I guess sometimes we forget our own strength and we forget how courageous we can be. Thanks to a lot of good advice on this board, I'm coming around again. have not bought the running shoes yet, but I'm standing strong, tall, and I'm in charge of ME )

As for the sailing: Absolutely, you should do this! Be courageous! Be safe! Go in peace and love! (purchase long distance calling cards before you leave)

Live through your circumstance and grow from it. Find the peace you need to learn how to love yourself. If you do this, you will truly appreciate God's love. A long time ago, I learned to break things down to the center, the core, the truest denominator. If you have the courage to go there, you find God and God's love.
    What I believe is that we are all put on this earth for the purpose of achieving a certain oneness with God. He gave us the ability to use free will in making our choices. Use this powerful gift to the best of your ability. Touch the center as often as possible. God's love lives within each of us, 24-7.

Best wishes as you experience your journey through life.

• Purple
    Purple

Hey australia has nice warm oceans too......what ya waiting for sweetie...permission to go abraod?????? Ok then permission granted. Oh and if you do come to australia I would be more than will to be waiting at a port in Adelaide to welcome you! Introduce you to wonderful SA food and wine, nightlife and anything else, tourism and stuff. Go for the opportunity of a life time mate, you will have most of us pea green with envy wanting to sign on board as your crew!

• onintwo
    onintwo

I wouldn't do it. The end is very near. This is no time to be sailing around the ocean.

Onintwo

• Puternut
    Puternut

Hey thanks you guys,

I have been getting a lot of encouragement and PM's from people, informing me as to where to get some good leads. I have been invited by a lot of you to stop by, and this is from all over the world. Well obviously I can't come see you all. I will have my laptop with me. But I will see some of you, since I intend to take about 2 years of at least, to make this trip. I am going to refresh my navigation skills in the Caribbean, then after that I intend to set course for the South Pacific, and I have never been to Australia, or New Zealand. So if it's sunny where you're at, you can bet I'll be in the area.

I'll keep you posted with my progress as time moves on.

Puternut

• Eric
    Eric

A favorite author of mine, Ray Bradbury once advised young writers to " Jump off the cliff, build your wings on the way down." His point being, I thought, that if you wait for conditions to be absolutely perfect, if you require that all circumstances favour you, you will wait a very, very long time. And, you can become quite open to what you'll accept as funtioning wings when you make it up as you go along. Good Luck, Eric

• franklin J
    franklin J

Go follow your dream, Puter....I am with you in spirit on that boat ( Have always had that fantasy).

Good advice given to you in the previous threads...but my 2 cents is to

1) make sure you have provided for your "later years" ( sounds like you have)

2) your kids. Sounds like you will always keep them near to you. Good. You know that there will come a time when they will out grow that dedication to the JW community just as you did. And they will come back to you with open arms. It will happpen; just a matter of time.

So raise that main sail and follow the trade winds....

Frank

ps. do be careful of piracy....it is real

• jst2laws
    jst2laws
    I wouldn't do it. The end is very near. This is no time to be sailing around the ocean.

Onintwo

Onintwo, We have all been there, but thanks for the reminder Steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit