USA Election 2004

by Simon 242 Replies latest social current

• Farkel
    Farkel

simon,

: May the best man win ! : ... and that means not Bush

Please stay out of our politics. (They're all screwed up, and we don't need foreign opinions) and I will gladly stay out of your politics (They're all screwed up, and you don't need foreign opinions)

Please.

The world will still go on and fix itself nicely in many cases regardless of our opinions. You are young and have seen so little: please don't try to infect younger ones with your opinions and use your position and power on this board to do so.

I never made any claim about who should be in the House of Lords, did I? (They are there because of your caste system, I believe.) I never made any claim about who should be in the House of Commons, either, did I?

I never made any claim about who should or shouldn't be YOUR Prime Minister, did I? It's YOUR country and YOUR own Brits decide who run it. (You got your Parlimentary Government from the US, though you have your own version. That's ok. OUR Government has lived longer in modern history than YOUR current Government, Simon. That is a FACT. )

So, please keep your obviously prejudiced opinions to yourself and don't use your influence on this board to tell we American's who's NOT the best candidate to lead us. We can do this ourselves. We've made mistakes, but we still have the longest standing current Government of any Country in the world. Including yours. Trust us.

THAT kind of opinionating and meddling is why we kicked the invading Brits out of our land and formed our own Constitution, or don't you know that? We formed our own Constitution in 1789. When did your Country form its Parlimentary bi-cameral form of Government?

This is a dub board. I wish you and I could help keep it this way. There are a zillion political boards where every citizen from every Country imaginable gets to bash every other citizen from every other Country imaginable.

Please, let us not do this in here. We have bigger fish to fry.

I'm not trying to cause trouble. I hear you don't like me. I'm just trying to make a few points and perhaps start a lively discussion.

Sigh.

Farkel

• talesin
    talesin

Farkel,

The first thing I'd like to say is, I stay out of US Presidential debates.

I do have a ?? for you about some American history I learned in school. Was it all lies?

You said,

THAT kind of opinionating and meddling is why we kicked the invading Brits out of our land and formed our own Constitution, or don't you know that?

(bold is mine)

So are you saying that America was not a British colony, that the American Revolution, the Boston Tea Party in reaction to the Stamp Tax Act and the 'fact' that revolution in reaction to overtaxation by the 'motherland' was all a big lie?

I thought America was settled Brits who invaded the aboriginal peoples and then revolted against unfair government and overtaxation? (similar story as here in CDA, btw, our roots are no better/worse)

Confused ... please help me out here.

'lively discussion' lol

talesin

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Farkel:

So, please keep your obviously prejudiced opinions to yourself and don't use your influence on this board to tell we [sic] American's [sic] who's NOT the best candidate to lead us.

I hope you realize how "obviously prejudiced" your own comments sound. You seem to insinuate that only Americans have the right to render opinions on American politics, or at the very least, that no foreigner in a perceived position of authority has that right.

I think it's completely legitimate for outsiders to express opinions on American politics, especially since they are often in a position to give a more balanced viewpoint, not standing in the thick of it. The possibility of a Bush re-election has large direct effects on the future of the rest of the world, meaning that the opinions of Simon and anyone else who cares to comment are valid and important. I, for one, am always interested to hear what outsiders have to say. If you don't care to listen to an outside opinion, then plug your eyes and ears or skip the thread or post.

SNG

• Simon
    Simon

Farkel.

a, When your president meddles with the world then it becomes as much our business as it does yours.

b. You may want to read a few things before you start criticising: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/15/66356/1.ashx

• eisenstein
    eisenstein

I actually was thinking of voting this year...especially after what happened with the last election and do feel that every vote should count and that an individual can make a difference in this world.

I got a voter's registration form for the first time in my life.

Seattleniceguy...you seem like a very open, honesthearted person...otta think about running yourself? Wish we had more nice guys like yourself running for President!!!

eisenstein

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

As much as I hate to concede anything to the other side, Simon is right. It matters to us who is running foreign countries, ergo, it matters to the foreigners who is running ours. Especially because we hold the guns, at least currently.

I'm not suggesting giving Brits the vote, but a certain cross-cultural exchange is more than appropriate, it is highly useful as we try to gauge the effects of US foreign policy in determining who to vote for.

Especially from British citizens, since we are close allies and share certain cultural thematics.

As far as the invading British soldiers thing, from our point of view, that's what it looked like. From the South's point of view, 80 years later, it looked like the North was invading.

CZAR

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

Amusing if you don't like bush and like the lord of the rings....

http://flash.bushrecall.org/

• Mystery
    Mystery

You haven't heard the news yet....

Hillary is going to jump in at the last minute and save us all

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Mystery,

God forbid that biatch ever be elected president...if she is...hold onto your wallets...and your huevos...it'll be a bumpy ride that will trash the US and it's economy beyond anything ever imagined...her health care "reform" that will consume 10% of the GDP will go into effect and paralyze the economy.

• bisous
    bisous

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/02/22/elec04.prez.campaign/index.html

Paraphrasing from one TV interview about the announcement

"Because of my desire to retire the Supremely elected reigning President, I've decided to announce my intention to run for President"

Start the celebration, all you Republicans!!!Disappointed 2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit