Are you a people person or a loner?

by Strawberryfieldsforever 53 Replies latest jw friends

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I am a loner 100%. I really dislike people and have found that people are utterly useless. I have rarely found any people who I can truly say that I like. Generally I find a fault with every person I meet. Of course this may have all stemmed from the horrible people i met at Bethel and then the eveil more horrible people I met after leaving Bethel!

At work I hate when people stay and hang around me, especially when they talk about nothing, just jabbering away about nothing. I do enjoy spending time with my wife and even with her after a few days I want to hang myself. I do enjoy spending time with my dog and cats and the same thing, after a few hours I want them away from me.

I hate being touched and kissed, I hate shaking hands.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I'm both. I like to be around people but sometimes I enjoy being alone.

Devon

• wednesday
    wednesday

i used to be so outgoing, and people always knew they could come and rest at my home. People would just drop in and stay the night. I had many different and unusual friends. But years of depression and shunning form the WTS has taken their toll. I am now more content to know ahead of time if someone is coming(call first) and usually prefer small groups.

I miss my old self.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

It depends oh they people I am going to be around....If I am with my kids all week long with out a break..Then I DO need some alone time.

Usually a drive down to the store, or sometime after they go to bed works for me. When my husband is out of town I try to get take advantage of it by reading. I like to spend time with him after the kids are asleep, just talking or watching tv together...notning too dramatic. But I do really relish when I have 2 or 3 hours to myself, maybe once a week. Especially if I can enjoy it by doing stuff that is NOT related to housework, business, etc....but that doesn't happen much.

I am fortunate that I have a big family...since I am FROM a big family, I like to have people I love somewhat close by. (Funny...since I had next to no privacy as a kid, hahah!) I am a people person depending on my mood, hahaha.

• little witch
    little witch

Wed,

are you sure you miss that nonsense? I can relate to what you just said. I used to keep my house up imaculate in case someone might come by. Now I keep my house clean enough for my family. I tend to the comfort of myself and my family.

I used to go to extremes, then I realized that I pay my own morgage, and this is my new motto " This is my house, and I will do as I damn well please"!

LOL, isnt that a hoot? I am going to make a plaque with that written on it, I swear I am!

Also, one for the the front door, " If Mama aint happy, aint nobody happy" LOL

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I run in cycles.........but, for the most part I'm pretty much of a loner......sometimes I wonder if something is wrong with me...........alone I can read or just sit and think or flip channels on the TV or do a project or go on the computer.........and chat to JWD....you guys are my life line, you keep me from feeling totally out of touch.............like tonite...........boyfriend wants to go the local sports bar, I'm home..........don't wanna be around all the people and the noise and the inanity of it all.............

Terri

• ball.
    ball.

I don't think it is a black or white question, more like a spectrum. I would say I am a little on the recluse side. I am at home with people and without. I have up until now had lodgers to help pay the bills and have always had friends in as flat mates, but when my current mate goes, I will probably choose to live totally alone again for a while.

What probably puts me on the loner side is that after several days with many people, I have a strong "need" for time on my own, to chill, to think, to relax. I have even been known (when my house is full of people) to go out to a bar on my own and have totally enjoyed the experience which others may find lonely.

My mother always described me as a thinker, and I could not envisage being bored if I were ever locked up indefinately, as I would have my entire mind to explore.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

i'm both. i like company and i also like my own space. but i can be quite picky about the company i have.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I am very much a loner. I usually have to be talked into going out. I just prefer being home and by myself. This usually strikes people as odd, I think I give off the impression that I am a people person and all that, but I much prefer my solitude.

• Valis
    Valis

both...I switch back and forth from time to time.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit