Are you a people person or a loner?

by Strawberryfieldsforever 53 Replies latest jw friends

• slenderdog
    slenderdog

Mostly I am a loner. I do find, though, that I dread attending parties or events beforehand, but really enjoy them once I am there. I wonder whether the solitary tendencies of those who have contributed to this thread kept them from "bonding" with the JW world. I used to be annoyed no end at meetings when people I barely knew asked personal questions.

• slenderdog
    slenderdog

Mostly I am a loner. I do find, though, that I dread attending parties or events beforehand, but really enjoy them once I am there. I wonder whether the solitary tendencies of those who have contributed to this thread kept them from "bonding" with the JW world. I used to be annoyed no end at meetings when people I barely knew asked personal questions.

• alias
    alias

Being an HSP, too much external stimulus drains me. I enjoy people on a more intimate level, where I can focus my energy in a two-way dynamic.

I don't consider myself a loner. I quite enjoy an abundance of quiet time by myself.

alias

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

AH, there's nothing like associating with quality people and there's nothing like being alone. There's a time and a place for everything under the sun.

Guest 77

• Undecided
    Undecided

I'm never the center of conversation in a group, but I do give my comments and join in. I will start a conversation sometimes while in line at a store or at McDonalds but don't feel I need to.

I enjoy my time alone and with people. I have plenty of time to do both now that I am retired. I probably tend to be a loner but will talk with people I see when I'm near them. I like most people I meet.

Ken P.

• shera
    shera

I can be both.

Yeh,I have my days when I like to be around people and I sure have my days when, I'm like leave me alone please!

• patio34
    patio34

Galimo, I definitely agree with you about going to parties and making small talk! My idea of a perfect party would be to go and take a good book with me to fill in the spaces, lol. In fact, once on a JW picnic I took my knitting so I'd have something else to do!

My ideal socializing is when everyone is participating in an activity like games, walking, drinking (just kidding, lol!), where the socializing goes along with something else.

Pat

• Mulan
    Mulan

I am definitely a people person. I love big get togethers, talking and laughing with a large group of people.

I also need alone time, to catch up on things uninterrupted, but I am NOT a loner, by any stretch of the imagination.

• codeblue
    codeblue

I am a "people person"....but like a few posters I do need some "alone time" once in a while!

Codeblue

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I am most definately a people person. Alot of people laugh at me because I can talk to anyone, about anything, and listen to any strangers story about their life. I really enjoy getting to know new people,,,,,,,,,I just hated talking in field service.....lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit