What Is The Stupidest Rule You've Encountered As a Witness?

by minimus 90 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

One rule that I never could understand is that if you were studying with an unbelieving husband, you could associate with him, even as couples, but if a person was considered a "weak" Witness, it was best to avoid any association until that person changed......What dumb rule or belief comes to your mind???

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Too great a choice!

Well... not clinking glasses when having a drink with some friends; not saying "bless you!" when someone sneezes (but this one is perhaps especially French, for the formula is "à vos souhaits" = "to your wishes")...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Don't read apostate literature. Throw it in the trash. Get caught with it in your house and you might just get the ax.

Heather

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

NO BIRTHDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! you could celebrate anniversaries but not birth days. Could never work that one out.

• JH
    JH

To shun people even if you don't know why. Shoot and ask questions later...

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Houston Texas, Bellaire congregation

You cannot listen to the radio out in service. It distracts you from the theocratic nature of the work.

Jst2

• minimus
    minimus

Unless you committed the "unforgivable sin", once and elder----always an elder. But ministerial servants are always under the gun........Another thing: elders can gossip but no one else can.

• Special K
    Special K

Not being able to talk to disfellowshipped ones....

It felt it so.. inhumane...when I didn't talk to them.

I would always meet their eyes with mine though.. and say hello.. (I guess that was wrong to the J.W's too)

sincerely

Special K

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oh yeah and then there's that rule that you can have only one husband at a time.

• minimus
    minimus

It's ok to get "feeling good" on liquor but admitting that you were "a little drunk" gets you before the elders. If you "momentarily" touched a breast, it's "uncleanness". If you keep your hand on a breast past a "moment", it'sa "loose conduct". You can get disfellowshipped for phone or computer sex but not simply for masturbation. You can count a Bible Study only if you "study" with the person 3 consecutive times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit