Can somebody explain the songs and songbook obsession?

by careful 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

You can sure see how they've misconstrued the words around. Manipulated the words from the previous song book to make JW's inadvertently programmed by music. Music and tones are extremely influential.

By music, the rank and file are singing the revised meaning, very manipulative.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w85VSYft_JM

This On church organ = babylonian sound ;-)

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Cutting through all the theorizing and digression, here's the simple answer:

They are working on a new songbook that will have 150 songs total (just like the Psalms), will have updated lyrics that match the scripture quotations from the revised NWT, and will also have the same gray flexible cover. Instead of releasing it all at once like usual, they are doing it gradually, and by the time the new complete songbook comes out, it will have been about 7 years since the last one, not the shortest stretch between books that they've had.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Oh my goodness! I went to a KH memorial last weekend, first time back in a hall since my mom's memorial 6 years ago. Instead of the familiar refrain from the now obsolete book, there was a new song that was being sung. I KID YOU NOT...nobody knew the song, they were mumbling the words the best they could and as bad as I was, the song was TERRIBLE, no musicality or flow. What. A. Joke.

So do you think it's Splane? Could he be the one taking out the old standards and mandating his own creations?

• prologos
    prologos

D: So do you think it's Splane? nbd:They are working on a new songbook that will have 150 songs total (just like the Psalms)

so, it is David playing a leading role in both? Did not David play insane at one time?

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Very old song from the first Jehovah songbook with pictures and voices of the "Anointed Remnant" those important old Jehovahhs witnesses, our Mid-Mediators, God bless them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kMeTv9L0Ic

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Old Jehovah songbook

Songs of the Bride - 1879 pdf : with 144 songs

Song 33

GLAD tidings ! glad tidings ! the kingdom is near,

Our glorious Deliverer will soon, soon appear ;

In clouds of bright glory, to our rescue He'll come,

And angels will hail us to our heavenly home.

cho: Hallelujah, Amen, Hallelujah, Amen,

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Amen !

http://www.biblestudentarchives.com/documents/1879-Songs-Of-The-Bride.pdf

• ThinkerBelle
    ThinkerBelle
    What's worse is the child reditions of the songs encouraging the kids to get brainwashed too......ugh, I can't stand "Listen, obey and be blessed."
  • ThinkerBelle
    ThinkerBelle
    What's worse is the child reditions of the songs encouraging the kids to get brainwashed too......ugh, I can't stand "Listen, obey and be blessed."
  • careful
    careful
    Wow, the response has been rich. Thanks! The role of Splane is news to me. Updating it to make it match the revised NWT is also logical. Thanks for the old recordings too. Are those archived on JWdotnet?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit