Beards are now allowed - New Light

by Listener 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gorb
    Gorb

Lett seems Breznjev in his last year.

G.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Noteworthy that Israelite men had "neat well trimmed" beards. Who knows, flint knives and the law requiring NOT cutting it says otherwise.

• DisgruntledFool
    DisgruntledFool

Shakespeare meets the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses:

"To beard or not to beard;

That is the question..."

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I just remembered in 1974 getting "counseled" by an elder for having sideburns a quarter inch longer than his. I was told at Bethel in 1977 that my trimmed mustache made me "unqualified to give Bethel Tours"..lol :). Watchtower has always "Strained out gnats and gulped down camels".

• Terry
    Terry

HO HO HO?

• DisgruntledFool
    DisgruntledFool

Excellent photo Terry...just in time for new light on Christmas. Everything old is new again!

(Pastor Russell he ain't)

• Leathercrop
    Leathercrop

Crazy how that is a perfectly acceptable look on today.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Excellent Terry!!

• Listener
    Listener

It will be a race to see how quickly the Brothers can grow a decent beard. Lett was a bit amiss in his lecture by not warning about the dangers of competing.

The GB could have made a few dollars by wholesaling beard trimmers.

There will be a few laughs, many holding their tongue and a few admiring looks.

How soon will we see the first photo printed in the Watchtower of a Brother sporting a beard? I expect it to be staged with a Sister standing alongside wearing pants. The Brother might even be a bit more casually dressed for the meeting.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the next video of the latest Gillead Grad has some of the Sisters collecting their award in pants.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

ZZ Top is back! Although his name is Beard, Frank Beard will be feeling left out.

Ever since Rutherford did everything he could to torch the memory of Russell, beards have been verboten. For a century! And now suddenly, it's okay, as if it never happened 😔🙄 But don't you ever dare mention it!

Since they're in the process of mainstreaming, and they mentioned "Pastor" Russell, do you think that they might bring back "Pastor" as a title?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit