Beards are now allowed - New Light

by Listener 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The WT is in full panic mode it seems. No sooner do they release a video today doing a 180° switch about men & facial hair and they follow-up with attached letter to Elders & Congregations about having said video shown to all Congregations ASAP:

Announcement
    December 15,2023

FOR ELDERS

1. 2023 Governing Body Update #8: Please watch this video as soon as possible. The following excerpts are from the video:

2. How can we promote unity in light of this direction? After viewing this program, some might have to contend with strong feelings. For example, some might feel as though they have been vindicated, saying, in effect, 'This is what l've been saying for a long time. This proves that I was right all along!' Others might feel disappointed, saying, in effect, '1 supported the policy about grooming for allthose years. Now I feel let down!' But is either reaction appropriate? Not really

3. Note what the apostle Paul was inspired to write at 1 Corinthians 1:10: "Now I urge you brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you should all speak in agreement and that there should be no divisions among you, but that you may be completely united in the same mind and in the same line of thought

4. How does that principle apply here? lf we have been promoting our own opinion on this subject,contradicting the guidance from the organization, have we been promoting unity? Have we helped the brotherhood to be "completely united . .. n the same line of thought". Clearly not. Any who have done so need to adjust their thinking and attitude

5. On the other hand, if we have loyally supported the organization's direction over the years, do we have any Scriptural reason to regret our course? Certainly not! Jehovah values our loyal service; he also appreciates our humble willingness to be obedient and submissive to the direction we receive from God's organization

6. All of us need to remember that the earthly part of Jehovah's organization is always striving to reflect the heavenly part-to keep up with it, as it were. Remember how fast the chariot in Ezekiel's vision moved? Like flashes of lightning! (Ezek. 1:14) Any who seek to run ahead
    of that chariot, trying to force change prematurely, or who lag behind it, hesitating to support changes that have come from the faithful slave, are not keeping pace with Jehovah's organ-
    ization.-Matt. 24:45-47; Heb. 13:17.

7. We are confident that all of you are determined to keep pace, to adjust your views as needed, and to continue to serve Jehovah loyally, promoting love and unity among your brothers and sisters.-- Rom. 14:19.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Thank you Atlantis & Company for the links to the facial hair WT BOE Letters.

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx

After the new light on facial hair, next new light on U turn on vaccine mandates for all schools.

They keep using the first century circumcised issue. Well in the end that was concluded with neutrality. You can have the medical procedure if you want but you don’t have to.

To start with they said you have to have it then they did a au turn. They have done a U turn on beards now how long before the U turn on having to be fully vaccinated?

• Listener
    Listener

The Brothers (and Sisters) won't even recognize how silly they all are when one year there is only a few Brothers with a beard in the Convention audience and the next year there are countless. Even as they sit there staring at the big screen with the bearded Brother preaching down at them.

They won't question how they all too easily go along with the whims of the Governing Body.

They won't even examine what comes from the Bible and what doesn't.

A cult is all about unity and blind obedience. What Jesus taught was nothing of that kind as he established a New Covenant with laws now written in their hearts.

• Gorb
    Gorb

Note: CT Russell is back in the storyline and no word about the great organizers Rutherford and Knorr.

G.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Steven Lett is such a terrible speaker that I had to stop and see this from the official website to check that it was not a parody... He seems to be getting worse .....

After all these years They finally see the need to clarify the issue! Beards have been commonplace for decades and I thought the issue had died the death. It is not uncommon around here ( U K) to see an appointed man with a beard.

Oh well.......

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I was at a gathering last night of JWs. There were a number of brothers from various congregations mostly men with responsibility in their respective congregations...elders & ministerial servants. There was very little seriousness to this new announcement about beards...rather lots & lots of jokes, laughter & sharing text messages of images & gifs of humorous bearded men. Clearly these guys were not viewing this new announcement as a sign that 'Jehovah' was dignifying anyone. The discussion wasn't spiritual at all but rather a time of humor, laughter & yes ridicule over now being able to sport a beard, goatee & letting your facial hair all hangout & not have to answer to anyone.

Me thinks Mother is going to take a big hit over this new light about beards...it's going to cost WTBTS big time & dearly. Yet again the GB have shot themselves in the foot...yes, again!

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

I remember a joke by Groucho Marx : "I don't want to be the member of a club that accepts me ! ".

But, seriously, the legacy from Rutherford is started to being discharged...JW land is gonna be more mainstream with the years. I'll bet next is gonna be that mandatory suit and tie for just going to listen to the meetings.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    After all these years They finally see the need to clarify the issue! Beards have been commonplace for decades and I thought the issue had died the death. It is not uncommon around here ( U K) to see an appointed man with a beard.

Nothing matters until the decision affects the US Branch.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

This is going to be a weekend to remember for JW men & JW sisters through out the U S A, Latin American Countries, Canada & elsewhere. Weekend meetings for field service, Public Talk & Watchtower meetings & JW gatherings in general will be a haven for humor, laughter & jokes all about facial hair! 🤣 🤣 😂

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit