Beards are now allowed - New Light

by Listener 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx

Be interesting to see the next few assemblies and big conventions the number of beards compared to the years before šŸ§”ā€ā™‚ļø

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Next Summer's convention, I expect a Flash of Light Public Address Talk on this timely information:

MILLIONS NOW LIVING WILL NEVER SHAVE

What a loving provision from the Governing Nannys.

• fifth.column
    fifth.column

Hi guys,

could please you confirm if letter has been read at WE meeting?

From different feedbacks not a word in several places around me during WE, so Iā€™m surprised because Atlantis letter was saying it was supposed to be read next meeting, not especially mentioning mid week.

But video is available in our language and brothers are sending jokes on social media.

thanks

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Rattigan - you should write them a letter!

The change is clearly a softening due to so many Brothers leaving, but let me offer this view:

1. Brothers do not fade because they want to grow a beard. They fade because they donā€™t like being managed by a high control group that over reacts in trivial matters

2. Like the field service reporting change, this is driven by the need to stop removing privileges when a man grows a beard. Many men did this so that privileges would be removed - plain and simple

3. More softening is likely. Hyper zealots use of judicial committees as a tool to inflict pain. I suspect that new guidelines are in the making to reduce judicial triggers and the harsh penalties for every infraction imaginable.

4. Probably no softening for sisters at this time. They donā€™t need to as sisters seem to be more agreeable to their control than brothers.

5. Redaction of all their unpopular restrictions that were scribed in the publications is now underway.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    ThomasMore - ā€œā€¦Brothers donā€™t fade because they want to grow a beardā€¦ā€

Nope, they grow a beard because they want to fade.

šŸ˜

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

letting hair in the ears and nose grow out?

If they let their ear hair grow out long enough it could be used as a thin bad looking comb over, and nose hair if long enough could be combed to each side for a bad looking mustache for those who could not grow lip hair very good.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

There is a downside on the fading bit. My beard appeared and stayed partly to avoid the resumed door to door, and( bonus) no 3rd grade reading parts.

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry

ā€œI suspect that new guidelines are in the making to reduce judicial triggers and the harsh penalties for every infraction imaginable.ā€

This is happening slowly. The secret elders book keeps getting revised versions every few months and these revisions are not making things more strict but far easier.

There should be hardly anyone getting shunned anymore due to the JD changes. For example if someone says going on a JD would make them feel suicidal then it wonā€™t happen until they feel better. If they never feel better I guess it wonā€™t ever happen. Basically a loophole which means no more shunning anyone anymore.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    ElderBerry - ā€œā€¦The secret elders book keeps getting revised versions every few months and these revisions are not making things more strict but far easierā€¦ā€

Wait, seriously? This is news.

The suicidal loopholeā€™s been around a while, but what other examples are you talking about?

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry

Yes there are many revisions, I had so many revisions in my old elders book that everyone on my body of elders ordered a new book. Now I even have a load of paper revisions to put in my new book.

It mainly the attitude of younger elders that is changing compared to the old dinosaurs who havenā€™t yet died off.

Younger elders are far more understanding and donā€™t make a huge fuss over things that were blown out of all proportion in years past.

We all know teenagers get up to stuff and this is normal. Why push them out of the congregation when they are doing normal teenage things.

There does seem to be a huge change to try to keep younger ones in the congregation as so many donā€™t stay.

I wonder if the truth be known how many couples in the truth havenā€™t donā€™t stuff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit