Chance or intelligent design?

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Ex-B

I don't know what you want to talk about.

Do you want to discuss

1. Evolution

2. Abiogenesis

3. The Big Bang?

Like I said, You're all over the place.

• cofty
    cofty

Vidqun - I can prove not that species share a common 'recipe' but that they literally descended from common ancestors over millions of years.

It is the very same sort of evidence that is used every day in courts of law to settle paternity claims.

Please tell me which books that positively present the case for biological evolution you have read recently? You will be about the 20th person I have asked this of. So far EXb is the only one to admit honestly that the answer is none at all.

This is about facts versus dogma.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA
    LoveUniHateExams31 minutes ago

@Ex-B

I don't know what you want to talk about.

Do you want to discuss

1. Evolution

2. Abiogenesis

3. The Big Bang?

Like I said, You're all over the place

-

Like I said you are all over the place trying to complicate something very simple.

what we are discussing here is the origins of everything was it by chance or design?

very simple let’s not complicate

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Please tell me which books that positively present the case for biological evolution you have read recently? You will be about the 20th person I have asked this of. So far EXb is the only one to admit honestly that the answer is none at all.

-

even if you have read a hundred books about these things the simple question about the origin of matter can’t be answered.

how do you get something from nothing?

theories about something evolving from something else are all fine and dandy but where that thing come from originally?

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

I am not interested in magic. That's what evolutionists believe in. Everything magically appeared and then evolved and improved into superior forms and divided off the sexes, as if by magic. Now that's bollocks and bullshit. You will learn as much from J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter books. She also has a wonderful imagination.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

cofty, you and I are dealing with people who are completely satisfied with the brief statement of "God did it" in answer to questions of how did all the varieties of life come into existence, and of how did the entire universe come existence (if it had a beginning) and come to be in its current form.

Though they believe God/Creator/Designer made such, they never ask themselves "how did God/Creator/Designer make such?". They have absolutely no desire (no interest and no curiosity) at all to know how such were made - by any means (including by purely naturalistic non-God/Creator/Designer means). That is because they want only very simple explanations (like that of what Fisherman said of "The wisdom of the world is: THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH", on page 4 of this topic thread). It is thus a waste of our time and effort in dealing with them on this topic.

They love fundamentalism and probably will never ever give up fundamentalism.

In contrast, when I was a baptized JW, and even before I became baptized, I wanted to know how those entities came to be. Since I believed in Jehovah God at the time, I asked myself "how did Jehovah God make them?". Since the Bible (including in Genesis chapters 1-2) says virtually nothing about the means/processes of such, I thus looked to modern science for answers. I have been loving science ever since my preteen years. I accepted the Big Bang theory (as I understood it) and concluded that God made the universe by means of the Big Bang (in accordance with the laws of science/nature) and by other natural processes. When it came to how the first living cell come into existence and how various later species come into existence, I thought that the scientists answers of abiogenesis and biological evolution might be right. (The main reason why I did not conclude, while I was a JW, they were definitely right was because of the very strong influence of the WT's young biosphere creationist fundamentalist type literature and because of the Bible's teachings). Even before I got baptized I was impressed by the Miller's experiment which produced multiple types of amino acids by abiotic natural processes.

• cofty
    cofty

EX-B

I said - It is very easy to prove the fact of evolution through numerous fields of science including paleontology and genetics without getting overly complex ... would you like to talk about it on a new thread?

You replied - Yes please would like to discuss in a new thread

I'm done with this ridiculous thread you created where you start with a false dichotomy and then change the subject five times.

I thought you were genuine - silly me

Vidqun you 'debate' like a teenager. I have too much self-respect to come down to your level.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Cofty could you answer how the single cell came about by chance?

Same dice roll trillions of times. With nobody to roll the dice! —And that’s that.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Well it’s a very simple question how did the simplest cell come into existence?

”oh it came from this very complicated process”

yes but where did all the elements that did the complicated process come from?

revert to the question where did God come from - answer he never had a beginning.

ok so the elements that caused the complicated process to make the first cell never had a beginning either?

• cofty
    cofty

I literally have not got a clue what your question is.

Are you asking where the entire cosmos came from?

Or where life originated?

Or how the first cell formed?

I offered to discuss evolution with you. Would you be so bad mannered in real life?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit