Chance or intelligent design?

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Cofty— Deja vu. It goes like this every time, doesn’t it! I, for one, appreciate reading your knowledgeable comments.

Doc

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Fisherman, on page 4 of this topic thread I notice that you made a post encouraging brevity. It seems you thought my prior post was too long. I made my post as repetitive (using variations of the wording of the same idea) and long as it was because the person who I was addressing it to didn't get the sense of a much simpler post I had made prior to it. But if you are concerned about posts being too long, why is it you don't make such remarks about the longer posts made by others on this site? Furthermore, why is you don't make the comment about the volumes of the Studies in the Scriptures books made by Russell or by the 384 page books published by the WT in the 1950s through the 1970s, or of the study articles in the WT magazines?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Ex-B

We are discussing abiogenesis. This means how the first living organisms arose from non-living matter.

What it most certainly doesn't mean is 'how something came from nothing'.

You're all over the place, and it's hilarious to watch.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Last I heard we were discussing intelligent design. Seeing is believing. For those that want to broaden their horizons and train their brain.

https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1632052103832018944?s=20

http://smart-biology.com/

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA
    LoveUniHateExams35 minutes ago

@Ex-B

We are discussing abiogenesis. This means how the first living organisms arose from non-living matter.

What it most certainly doesn't mean is 'how something came from nothing'.

You're all over the place, and it's hilarious to watch.

-

No you are all over the place. We are discussing where the non living matter came from.

Can something come from nothing? I think the answer is no but are you seriously trying to argue yes it can? I have to respectfully disagree with you there.

• cofty
    cofty

Vidqun - You literally read NOTHING do you?

Never read a science book in your entire life, totally ignore what others tell you and keep copy-pasting bullshit.

• cofty
    cofty
    where the non living matter came from

Since when? I offered to guide you through the topic of biological evolution.

Every living thing descended from LUCA through evolution over millions of years. You admitted you have not read one single science book ever and I offered to help you. Instead you studiously avoid the topic I said I would help you with, ignore everything I write - involving considerable time and effort - and change the subject at least 5 times.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Cofty all those books do not answer the question about the very start. Whatever theory about biological evolution or how the simplest cells came into existence do not answer the question HOW DID SOMETHING COME FROM NOTHING?

Where did LUCA come from? At the very start and then even before that the question is - Was it chance or intelligent design?

• cofty
    cofty

So the fact that it can be proven beyond all reasonable doubt that all species descended from a common ancestor through evolution over millions of years - a fact that contradicts everything you currently believe - and that this fact can be explained to a non-expert like yourself is of absolutely no interest to you?

Let's say just for the sake of argument that an intelligent designer is necessary to explain the origin of the cosmos. It is still a fact that humans and primates share a common ancestor. You don't care? Okay. Let me know when you find the courage/curiosity to challenge yourself.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Cofty, I'm not posting the "bullshit" to aggravate you. And I know all about ad hominem technique and all that. It's old news. Pity you can't post all those silly "debunking" videos, seeing that you ruled against informative videos. What I am posting are for those following the thread.

It's not surprising that all life on earth can be traced back to a common ancestry. God created it all, so everything would be interrelated. Why would He use a new recipe for each? If it ain't broke, it's not necessary to fix it.

I've got to give you and your fellow evolutionists your due though, you've got helluva imaginations. Evolution is the religion of the atheist. Similar to religionists, you will defend it to the death, even if you're wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit