Chance or intelligent design?

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Well, By chance or evolution is not possible.

It's impossible for the end result of plants, animals and humans to have arrived by chance or evolution.

• cofty
    cofty

So much middled thinking to sort out!

Why are we even trying to explain the most complex subject in biology - abiogenesis - when the original subject was evolution?

Every species on earth descended from LUCA over millions of years. This is certain and settled and the evidence is easy to grasp. That is where I offered to help you.

If you want to know how the most perfectly simple cell arose from chemistry in a hydrothermal vent read The Vital Question

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

“Random mutation acting on natural selection can’t build anything” (video 17:57).

“If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed, which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down. But I can find no such case.” – Charles Darwin, The Origin of Species. Darwin could not find any in his day. What about today? Actually, there are many, too many to count.

The cell is filled with machines. One slight mistake and the machine won’t work or will malfunction. Two examples: Bacterial flagellar motor. Built from two dozen proteins. Slight modifications will cause it to break down.

The same goes for DNA. The DNA molecule is a matter of linguistics. It is the longest word known to man. It is written in code. To have code, one needs one to write code. The geneticists are the codebreakers. Even the basic of bacteria in hydrothermal vents need some of the above.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I agree Vidqun

To have code one needs to write code. DNA can’t write itself.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Yes the Bacterial flagellar motor has to have been designed

very intelligent design

no way could have come about without intelligence

• cofty
    cofty
    Random mutation acting on natural selection can’t build anything

Utter bollocks

Vidqun what is the point of parroting talking points from creationist websites and videos that you don't understand because you have never read an actual science book in your life?

Literally EVERYTHING in your previous post is complete nonsense.

This is why most people avoid conversations with creationists. There is a total lack of intellectual honesty combined with complete ignorance of the subject and a dogmatic certainty.

Are we talking about origin of life or the complexity of a cell or DNA or molecular machines or irreducible complexity or specified complexity or biological evolution? All of these things are different topics.

You can't just spew words into a thread that you mistakenly think are relevant and expect me or anybody else to refute all of it in a series of unconnected lengthy replies that you don't even take the time to read before copy-pasting your next unrelated trope!

There needs to be a genuine desire to learn, steelman the other person's position and engage in actual dialogue otherwise you are wasting time. Same goes for you EXb. You have yet to even acknowledge my long and thoroughly researched reply to your question. I've got better things to do.

• cofty
    cofty
    the Bacterial flagellar motor has to have been designed

This has been debunked more times than I can count. Paper after paper has described the evolution of the bacterial flagellum from simpler mechanisms.

It was even thrashed out in a court of law - Kitzmiller v Dover school board. It's astonishing that anybody still mentions this anymore.

• cofty
    cofty
    DNA can’t write itself.

If it was written the coder was an imbecile. Our genome is a car crash.

Do you want to learn something you didn't know before or just keep copy-pasting creationist tropes?

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA
    LoveUniHateExams3 hours ago

Evolution by natural selection is chance at the start - what does this even mean?!

If you or others find abiogenesis difficult to accept, remember this: it only had to happen once. Just once, in all the billions of years this planet has existed

-

Because we are talking about the very start of everything, how do you get something from nothing? That does not make sense.

There has to be something that never had a beginning and the Bible says that was God. He is from time indefinite. I know it’s hard to comprehend but it just as hard to try to comprehend something not having a beginning because what was before that.

All this talk about proteins and amino acids and simple cells means nothing first you have to explain how something could come from nothing if you don’t believe that there was an intelligent designer.

• cofty
    cofty

So we have gone from biological evolution to the first cell to abiogenesis to the origin of the cosmos.

WTF!

You still haven't actually read a single post and responded to it. I'm done

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit