Jehovah’s Witness who posted criticisms on Reddit can remain anonymous, judge rules

by Tameria2001 110 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LV101:

If I had to make a bet, I think this guy’s name is going to get leaked out somehow, some way..Law or no law..He better brace himself.

Does anybody think this secret will remain airtight with the mentality in this religion? I could be wrong but I don’t see it happening.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    We can google WT attorney's name and find out if he's with a decent firm/sole practitioner

Paul Polidoro both lives and works at Watchtower HQ.
    Something with trusting the cat to guard the cream....

• LV101
    LV101

LongHair - poor guy is in deep water and odds are you'd WIN.

Anders - Love the cat/cream so true. Thx for atty's info. From the few things I heard I assumed he was a homeboy - maybe WT is playing their best hand on the economy plan at this point to see how far they get. Hope Reddit ponies up.

• fulano
    fulano

I wonder if Reddit has got his or her identity at all.

• LV101
    LV101

I hope Reddit does not unless he's broken the law. Maybe DarkSpilver can bleachbit or acid wash all his electronic devices and duck but doubtful. Maybe DarkSpilver is a group of JWs.

I still can't process under a million members in US -- I'm proud of my country wising up.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Sea Breeze - "The real issue is that if a person no longer believes that the Watchtower is God's sole channel of communication on earth, they must be required to say goodbye to all of their family and friends if they wish to exercise this freedom of thought. The public and the legal system is mostly unaware of this and this is the whipping stick the WT seeks to protect with this action."

Sounds about right.

They probably want to "make an example" of this Darkspilver guy, too...

...not to mention that they must be really anxious about plugging the leaks if they're trying to play Scientology's copyright card.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LV101:

If that’s really true that there are now only under a million JWs here in the USA that is good news!.. It makes perfect sense it would drop here first.

After all, we’ve seen decades of JWs and their activity and results of their teachings..What about the aftermath of the 1975 end-of-the-world fiasco? Some people sold everything and had to start over again! Most people would not fully recover from this.

What about the aftermath of the 1995 teaching on Generation?..(I’m one of the people who called it quits after this.) Also, as more Baby Boomers were getting close to retirement years they realized they needed to support themselves..They were faced with REALITY and they had to play a game of ‘catch up’ so needed to get jobs..I’m grateful I kept mine until retirement.

With the bad economy and high cost of living in the USA, people needed to get REAL about their situation...Many JWs were resentful towards the religion and were done with it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ LongHairGal...

No, I think Half Banana just meant that there's (probably) a million or so other PIMOs who'll still leak stuff if Dark gets outed...

...and I think "million" was meant as a rhetorical number.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LongHairGal - "...I’m grateful I kept mine until retirement."

Wait, you're retired???

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HI VIDIOT:

Yes. I’m sure I said it a hundred times 😁. I like to drive the point home because the religion persecuted people like me who worked full time. So, I like to RUB it in their faces!!..I’m a retiree who looks good and keeps fit.

I hope that any younger Lurkers on here realize they have to plan for their retirement and not listen to anybody who tells them they don’t need to!

And whatever the number of JWs in the USA, I’m sure it’s going downward.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit