Jehovah’s Witness who posted criticisms on Reddit can remain anonymous, judge rules

by Tameria2001 110 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    nonjwspouse - "Actually, Simon, I think they are that stupid, or rather, arrogant."

I agree.

Remember, folks, all the anecdotal evidence we have indicates that the WT leadership really are True Believers convinced that God's got their back, no matter what.

And if they really do feel they're in the "endgame" (sorry Marvel fans), they would very easily be willing to risk increasingly risky or strategically unsound legal and policy decisions, in the mistaken belief that no matter what they do, they can't help but be destined to victory in all things.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Also, it occurred to me that if push came to shove, they'd probably rather the bOrg crash-and-burn than suffer the humiliation of capitulating to "Satan's World", especially this late in the game.

• LV101
    LV101

I just can't buy the idea they think God's on their team -- they might prefer it "crash-and-burn" and jet off to the nether land but they know they're part of a charlatan conglomerate.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Don't blame you, and I think I should clarify may take on it.

I seesawed with the idea for years after my fade started, but the only conclusion I could come to - based on everything we know - was that the WT leadership knows it's wrong...

...but believes it's True...

...at the same time.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree with LV101 " they know they're part of a charlatan conglomerate."

It is easy to see this, whatever rubbish, lies, half truths, obfuscations etc the Writing Department give them to spout, they dutifully do so. They MUST be aware of what they are doing, even if they have few sparking brain cells. They cannot think a God of Truth would have anything to do with such open chicanery.

They are simply businessmen keeping their life style going, by any means. As are all organized religions of course

• cha ching
    cha ching

Desirous of Change / DOC..... Yes, it is true. My husband was an elder, and had to testify against the WT in a child abuse case. The WT waited until the case was dismissed in Summary Judgement and then DF'd my husband, my two sons, and the uncle of the child who was abused.

I asked my mother (who is still a Jdub) if she would still talk to us "after the case", as I knew from reading many other experiences that after you testify, after you 'tell the truth', and if you 'talk', you WILL BE DF'd. It came true, just as I predicted... they were disfellowshipped, like many others. The WT does not want you to talk.

• cha ching
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ LV101 & Phizzy...

I dunno, guys...

...seems to me that the kind of decisions they've been making lately are exactly the kind of blunders only dedicated and deluded True Believers would make.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

^^^^ I'm with Vidiot. Some of the decisions they have been making are not ones any legal counsel worth salt would want them to make.

• LV101
    LV101

Vid - the goon squad GB has no choice but to carry on as usual. They know their adherents are dependent on their beliefs like oxygen. They live/die for these clowns.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit