Jehovah’s Witness who posted criticisms on Reddit can remain anonymous, judge rules

by Tameria2001 110 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Jehovah-s-Witness-who-posted-criticisms-on-13855357.php

I had this article pop up about the Darksilver case. It says a federal magistrate in San Francisco has now ruled that Darksilver can remain anonymous but then it says except for identification to lawyers for the religion’s Watchtower publication. It sounds all good and dandy until that last part, I'm not sure what to think about that, I feel that the Watchtower lawyer won't honor the judge's decision in keeping the identity.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, according to the WTS the judge is not entitled to the truth (their definition of lying)

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Exactly Blondie -

But the WTS, "can't handle the truth!"

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

a federal magistrate in San Francisco has now ruled that Darksilver can remain anonymous but then it says except for identification to lawyers for the religion’s Watchtower publication.

Aren`t these lawyers themselves practicing Jehovah`s Witnesses ? or at least some of them ?

Here in Australia Vincent Toole is a lawyer for WT and he is also a JW. He was anything but honest when he gave his testimony to the A.R.C. for WT using theocratic warfare tactics to blindside the Royal commission investigating Child sexual Abuse in institutions.

Darksilver has been screwed over. His cover has been blown.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Yeah I fear for Darkspilver too. His life can be destroyed and nobody would even be able to prove it came from that JW lawyer sleaze.

Only thing that might restrain the lawyer is 1) his own fear of getting shamed or punished for violating a court order and 2) Watchtower thinks keeping their golden star lawyer is more important than keeping the congregation clean.

Knowing Watchtower doesn't really care about anything spiritual whenever their money is at stake, I hope they'll tell the lawyer to just follow the court order.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

The Watch Tower is a power to take care for, they can ruin you if they want.

They have the assets and the people to do what they want.

Scary.

G.

• Half banana
    Half banana

If only the WT lawyers are to learn the identity of Darkspilver and he gets disfellowshipped-- will the JW lawyers then be in some form of legal contempt?

Is not the court aware of the complicity of the JW lawyers and their employers; the fact that the lawyers are one and the same as the JW org?

The JW hierarchy is demonstrating its true nature as a religious cult by its compulsion to stamp on any possible heresy. Only cults cannot tolerate criticism and want to punish their critics.

If our friend's cover is blown there are around another million who continue to keep up the exposure of this harmful cult.

We are all with you Darkspilver!

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    If only the WT lawyers are to learn the identity of Darkspilver and he gets disfellowshipped-- will the JW lawyers then be in some form of legal contempt?

Only if and when there is evidence that shows the laywer revealed Darkspilver's identity. And even then Watchtower will claim that they have zero influence on the actions and decisions of local elders (perhaps even in a different country), because on paper congregations are independent legal entities.
    But if that is the case, the lawyer can be punished, for example with a fine or even being disbarred.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

All the attorney has to do is "accidentally" leave some paper work on a desk at the right time, and then just go to the mens-room.

This thread is titled incorrectly. The decision by this heartless judge is the same as outing darkspilver, and sealing his personal fate with his family.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Very true SB ,my question now would be does the judge have a bias towards the JW religion maybe she has family members that are Jw`s ,its a possibility / probability .?

They are only human too you know .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit