Haven't JW nurses broken HIPPA laws to out people for taking blood and such? They view Jehovah's law above those of the land. They have no qualms breaking any of of this and will take down Spilver if they can for sure. Ultimately if you play these games you have to know that shunning is likely coming your way, but I just hope it ends there. The judge knows now what he's up against. They talk the talk about respecting Caesar but they don't. We all know that.
Jehovah’s Witness who posted criticisms on Reddit can remain anonymous, judge rules
JW's do not integrate into a society. Like the Muslims they have their own form of Sharia Law with their own form of Taqiyya:
There are several forms of lying to non-believers that are permitted under certain circumstances [in Islam], the best known being taqiyya (the Shia name). These circumstances are typically those that advance the cause of Islam - in some cases by gaining the trust of non-believers in order to draw out their vulnerability and defeat them.
JW's make up their own rules and then simply declare that they "must obey God (WT) as ruler rather than men."
Does anyone really think that a JW will honor the dictates of a worldly judge over the wishes of their Watchtower god if told not to? To do so would bring their destruction at armageddon in their mind.
However, only attorneys of record in this matter may obtain information about Darkspilver’s identity. Watch Tower’s attorneys of record shall not to disclose Darkspilver’s identity to anyone else without approval in a Court Order from this Court. For example, Watch Tower’s attorneys of record may not disclose Darkspilver’s identity even to its client, staff, or expert witnesses without approval in a Court Order from this Court.
Link to that record?
How will they obtain his identity? A lot create fake email accounts and all Reddit asks for is an email address and username when joining.
- Worst case: Darkspilver bought Reddit coins with his personal credit card, and Reddit actually knows his full name and address.
- Slightly less worse case: Darkspilver signed up to Reddit with his personal email address that identifies him (e.g. [email protected])
More likely case:
- Reddit doesn't actually know the real identity of Darkspilver.
- But Reddit most likely keeps some logs of user activity which include the IP address the user had at that time.
- From the IP address Watchtower knows the ISP Darkspilver used/uses.
- Watchtower can then summon the ISP to hand over the name and address of the subscriber that used said IP adress(es).
There are however some things that may save Darkspilver in this case:
- If Darkspilver always used a VPN while using Reddit, the IP address cannot be used to trace Darkspilvers real identity.
- If Darkspilver always used Reddit from a network that is not their own (e.g. a free wifi somewhere in a McDonalds or a Starbucks, at school/work, or some friend or family member's network), Watchtower may run into quite a struggle to get the real identity (if at all possible).
- If Darkspilver doesn't live in the USA and doesn't use any Watchtower-controlled internet connection, then their ISP may very well ignore Watchtower's demand to know the real identity of the subscriber. I know a Dutch ISP would ignore such a demand.
So there are quite a few variables that are currently unknown to us that can ether make or break this case....
The official documents (including the judge's ruling) that also list who the lawyers are for Watchtower can be found here:
Thank you Anders.
This is why there is always a conflict of interest when it comes to lawyers representing watchtower being jehovahs witnesses themselves.
People assume a *lawyers first duty is to their client. Not so. A lawyers first duty is to the court.
Theyre going to wait until the fuss dies down, then they’ll come for him. They’ll be watching him. There is no way under the sun the lawyer won’t grass. Unless he really is a Bethelite ( which I doubt), then they’ll think of some crap excuse to sack him immediately.
* not solicitor
Of course, if jw duty as a lawyer is to the court first, then they are putting Satan's system ahead of god's organization, per the WTS. It is no different if a court orders a blood transfusion, the jw individual or legal guardian must refuse it or risk being df'd. Accordingly, if in the opinion of the WTS, the court is ordering them to violate god's law (as interpreted by the WTS), then the jw individual does not have to obey the court and the jw individual will suffer the consequences, because the WTS will say it is that individual's decision, the WTS is not ordering them to do it.
Edit, I believe that the WTS knows the secular law better than their bible.
Does anybody know if the WTBS' lawyers are JW's themselves or some outside firm? They are running the risk of loosing their licenses to practice law if Darkspliver's identity becomes known. They (or the WTBS) could be found in contempt as well. Judges expect their rulings to be followed to the letter, if I was one of the WTBS' lawyers, I would not be a happy camper right now. There is a very real risk that Darkspliver's identity will become known through some other means, and the judge will assume the lawyers did it.
Some lawyers are jws and some are not. I think it depends on the expertise needed for certain cases. If a non-jw lawyer legally gets access to the name of Darkspliver's identity, would he be legally obligated to tell the WTS? I don't know the answer to that.