UN sends reply to my inquiry about WTS NGO association- proof at last!

by joe_from_kokomo 55 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Puternut
    Puternut

OK, people great work. Now can we send a similar letter to the WT, and see what their response is to all of this.

1. The reason why they 'felt' they needed to become a member.

2. Will they OPENLY acknowledge to the entire organization about this goofup.

3. Will they apologize to the entire organization.

4. Will they liquidate all stocks and bonds in companies associated with warfare.

• observador
    observador

great!

what's the address?

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Seattle,

Ditto on what elamona said. I think the more the U.N. discovers how the borg really feels about them, the better. And observador, I think Seattleguy has the correct address at the top of his letter. Looks good

-BONEZZ

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

... just to BTT

• joe_from_kokomo
    joe_from_kokomo

Thanks to all of you for your nice comments. I am glad that posting the scanned copies of the letter and the envelope were helpful to any who may have doubted the validity of this UN account. For those of you who are new to this site or this controversy, the world reknown UK newspaper The Guardian, which ironically the Watchtower Society often quotes in their literature, was the media outlet that revealed this story in 2001. See for yourself in this article.

As someone commented, there will always be a "doubting Thomas" JW out there who thinks we fabricated this whole thing (oh, if I were that good of a hacker), but when you think about the difficulty of that, it boggles the mind. If this were a fake letter, it would mean that I would have had to do this:

1. Travel to New York. Sneak into the UN Headquarters and steal a copy of the UN letterhead paper (which includes the department number and room number imprinted on it) and the matching envelope.

2. Type or copy an image of the text of the real letter on it, figure out a matching name of a real UN person, forge her real signature, lick and seal the envelope. (In the process, I would have to make two typos, too.)

3. Sneak back into the UN headquarters, find the Shipping department and use their postal meter while no one is looking, so that the envelope gets the postage and the UN postmark image. (This would have to happen within 24-48 hours of when the letter was written, for the dates to match.)

4. Sneak out and mail the envelope from New York. Fly back home.

But, in spite of the odds against this tale, some will still think this is what really happened. Well, if you believe that, you'll believe that Jerusalem fell in 607 BCE and Jesus returned in 1914 invisibly, and the Society became the chosen ones in 1919. (Hey, you may actually believe this already!)

Anyway, I think Seattle Nice Guy's template letter, if shortened a bit, may be effective. It really depends on whether the United Nations is more concerned about clearing their name than their need to expose the Watchtower's hypocrisy. Like all political entities their preference will probably involve the path of least resistance and controversy. Still, it's the right thing to do, folks.

And, so is writing the WTBTS, too.

Take care, Friends.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Now that "most" of the intelligent JWs know the truth about the WTB&TS hypocrisy, what will be done about it? Nothing!............. Right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit