UN sends reply to my inquiry about WTS NGO association- proof at last!

by joe_from_kokomo 55 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• elamona
    elamona

I would gladly join any letter or email writing campaign . Have also posted a link to this page at all of the forums that I go to so others can view and see for themselves. As I post this there have been close to 900 viewings. So all who come to see and read don't post. I'll bet that there are many JW lurkers who have viewed and DOWNLOADED the letter and envelope for their own use. Joe thank you so much for doing this. You have no idea how many people you may help escape the WTBTS by doing this.

• frenchbabyface
  • frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

And thinking about asking for an official translation in every languages !!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Thankyou for your research , work and patience

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Go Team Go!

-BONEZZ

• frenchbabyface
  • Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

I'm in, it's too easy.

It would be wonderful if the UN could post an official response to this embarrassment on their website!

Of course, I could here dyed-in-the-wool JW's still say, "An apostate must have hacked the UN website and posted this"

Hopefully though, any JW's who were teetering on the edge could view the info and then have the doubts in their heart confirmed,

giving them impetus to "Get Out of Her My People!"

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Okay, I'm putting together a sample letter. Let me know what you think of this so far....

Crap. Copy-paste from Word never works right....Hang on....

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Chief, NGO Section
    Department of Public Information
    Room S-1070L
    United Nations, New York, N.Y. 10017

January 26, 2004

To Whom It May Concern:

I recently read excerpts from a letter sent by Ms. Isolda Oca to an acquaintance of mine which detailed the association of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society with the United Nations as a Non-Governmental Organization between 1992 and 2001. On behalf of the scores of people who have viewed this letter, I wish to express my sincere thanks to your office for providing this straightforward verification of the facts. I would also like to describe why such information is so important to people in my situation, as well as to make a special request that you publish this information on your official United Nations web site.

First, please allow me to give a brief history. [ Briefly describe how this information has benefited you. ]

In her letter to my acquaintance (postmarked 20 January 2004, but accidentally dated 19 January 2003), Ms. Oca mentioned that your office has received scores of letters requesting verification of these facts. She also requested that the letter be shared, since it was not possible to respond individually to each request. I would submit that there are two groups of people sending you requests for verification of the Watchtower Society?s membership in the UN: 1) People trying to secure concrete proof of the Watchtower Society?s involvement to show to friends and family still in the organization, and 2) People in the organization who are shown such proof, but who refuse to believe it unless it comes directly from official channels. Since Witnesses are indoctrinated that disseminating information harmful to the Watchtower Society is ?apostasy? ? the worst type of sin possible for humans ? it is not realistic to expect current Witnesses to share the facts regarding this matter.

I would like to petition your office urgently to consider posting a brief statement of the facts regarding this subject on your official web site. Such a clear statement on the UN web site would accomplish two things: 1) It would allow the thousands of people who are confused as to the truth of this matter to get an accurate and trustworthy account of the facts, and 2) it would relieve your office of the considerable volume of mail you are likely to continue getting on this subject for years to come.

Ideally, such a page would include the following facts:

• The dates of the Watchtower Society?s membership as an NGO.
    • The names of the Watchtower Society officers who signed the agreement.
    • The then-current terms an organization must agree to in order to become an NGO.
    • Photocopies of the agreement with signatures.

As long as the page were a part of the un.org domain and could be found using the search function, it would be more than adequate.

I realize that this is a very unusual request. But I hope you are able to understand why it would be so important to so many people. There are literally millions of friends and family members out there who stand to benefit immensely from knowing the facts. I can assure you that your help in this regard would mean a great deal to me personally, and to many of my friends.

I have the utmost respect for your organization. I thank you for your kind consideration in this matter.

Very sincerely,
    [ Signature and typed full name ]

#########################################################

Let me know what you think of this. I'm not entirely happy with the the wording....I haven't been able to hit my writing rhythm today. But this is only a general form anyway - I think the last thing we want is for Ms. Oca to receive 200 identical letters. The main thing I want to make sure we have straight is the points we are requesting for the UN web page. Does it look complete? Are there any other suggestions?

When this is good, we'll be go to start the call-to-action thread and spread the word. Talk to me!

SNG

• elamona
    elamona

I think it's a great letter. You may want to include a snippet about how the WTBTS teached that the UN was the "Wild Beast" of Revelation in there somewhere, with a quote from one of the WT publications, so that they may get a more accurate understanding of what the WT-UN issue is all about.Seeing what the WTBTS REALLY thinks about the UN may also goad them to take the actions that we have requested.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit