UN sends reply to my inquiry about WTS NGO association- proof at last!

by joe_from_kokomo 55 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• observador
    observador

Bonezz have a good point.

I think we should do a "letter campaign" to the UN until they get fed up and put some info on this up on their website. That would be wonderful, don't you think?

Someone get me that address please. :)

Observador.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Thanks for the email address SF and Observ has a point too...writing a letter would be a great idea...and I plan to write it on my company letterhead (I can do that 'cause I own the co.). A letter and email campaign from thousands of us from many different lands will prove that we're talking the Pure Language (sorry, couldn't help myself).

-BONEZZ

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Joe,this proves once again that the society has DF and DA'd itself from itself and no longer is qualified to represent Jesus' belongings as they themselves say about others,who involve themselves in political or governmental organizations for whatever the reasons.Out of their own mouth they here condemned themselves,Just as Jesus said.

Thanks for the confirmation,your effort will help many more who lurk here to see the that the society is devious.Take care of your family,all the best to you and yours.

Blueblades

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Bonezz,

Let's definitely do this. Perhaps you could start a new thread with a brief description of the campaign and the address, and the general message we want to convey. I promise to do my part to spread the word and get people to write. I think I could get at least four or five letters sent from this area. If we each include a paragraph or two telling Isolda why this is so important to us and our families, perhaps she will begin understand the human impact of this whole thing.

I'm really excited about this. Let's do it!

SNG

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Count me in, too! Who is going to coordinate this?

growedup

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

I am definitely writing and emailing her...but I think one of the more prominent ones...one of the board elders, a Jedi master, emperor or such should start the thread. They would know better where it would get the most attention. Where it would get more views by the masses. Maybe Simon would start it? For I am just a lowly guerilla fighter...

-just BONEZZ (of the bleached white class)

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Okay, first of all, let's get all our info in one place. Then we'll start the new thread. I'll do it if no one else wants to. I don't think it really matters.

Our action items are:

1. Somebody please post as a reply to this thread the mailing address for the UN Deptartment of Public Information.
    2. Briefly discuss the content of the letters we will send (see below).
    3. Create the thread.
    4. Send the URL of the new thread to every other XJW site we know of. Have them link to it from their front page if possible. Email friends and family and urge them to view the thread and write.
    5. Periodically post to the end of the new thread to keep it near the top of the Active Topics list for a week or two.

Now, let's discuss the content of the letters. We need to get this straight now, because when we create the call-to-action thread, we want to give a general description of the type of letter we want to send. I would like to suggest that our letters take the following general form:

• Self-introduction and description of why we are writing. (Ex: "I recently read an excerpt from a letter you sent to an acquaintance which detailed the association of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society with the United Nations as a Non-Governmental Organization. I am writing with a special request that I believe will provide urgently needed answers for thousands of people in a situation similar to mine and simultaneously make it easier for you to respond to such letters in the future.")
    • Short (one to three paragraphs) description of why this information has been important to us, our friends, and our families.
    • Request that the United Nations please put a page on its official web site that clearly states the facts regarding the WTBTS' involvement as an NGO, including dates of association and requirements for NGO members.
    • Assurance that Ms. Oca's kind consideration in this regard will be deeply appreciated by many of our friends and families.
    • Closing thanks and signature.

On our plate right now are items 1 and 2. Please give your impressions regarding my suggested content above. I'd like to get this ball rolling soon.

SNG

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Thank you very much for sharing !
    and Yeah ... SNG !!!

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Just for emphasis ... OK SNG !!! Lets do IT !!!

• observador
    observador

Please count me in for the letter writing campaign. I think it's simpler than we think. If someone could volunteer to write a model-letter in a Word document along with the address to send it to and give us the link, it would be great.

The only thing it that the letter has to have a request for the UN to put up on their website some kind of explanation on the matter.

Then anyone writing could tweak the letter at will and send it.

Think about it: it would take us no more than printing the letter and a licking on a 34 cents-stamp and the rewards could be enormous. What do you think?

Observador.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit