Crisis of Conscience- World Wide Cease & Desist

by Newly Enlightened 73 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cappytan
    cappytan

the girl next door: I wish I could upvote your comment more than once.

• gda
    gda
    when fading my first thought was something odd about those two and slightly irritating. glad I steered away
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I don't have a problem with them except when it comes to bashing others online. I don't agree with Cedars friend making copies of this book but PDF copies are all over the net. People like this should help each other concentrate on busting the WT bubble instead of going after each other it's pointless.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Crazyguy: People like this should help each other concentrate on busting the WT bubble instead of going after each other it's pointless.

Because for them, it's about them. Their "activism" is really just a means to an end: a vehicle for self-promotion and aggrandizement.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I wonder if Watchtower issued a "worldwide cease and desist" order to stop the proliferation of mass distribution of their copyrighted publications, documents, and other files, if it would have any effect on the ExJW community who largely engages in the practice?

Hmmm..... If it came under the umbrella of ' parody' it would likely be safe....so JWfairytale would be in the clear.....phew!! That guy was TOTALLY instrumental in my coming out as a JW fairy!
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Wow... they seem more interested on protecting someone else;s copy rights, than the countless lives this book can save. They put a bad name on apostates.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    The agenda driven hysteria about this is sickening.....they got their asses chewed off on other sites when they tried to stir up this rubbish there
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    A lot of people were interested in who owned it. I'm glad that the owner revealed herself! I just hope she isn't somehow in the Borg. That would be tragic!
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

TheGirlNextDoor asked, "I wonder if Watchtower issued a "worldwide cease and desist" order to stop the proliferation of mass distribution of their copyrighted publications, documents, and other files, if it would have any effect on the ExJW community who largely engages in the practice?"

Possibly such a move by the WTB&TS would reveal:

1. The degree to which "Jah's Borg" has been harmed by those practicing such things, and would

2. Encourage the unauthorized release of even more such info.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

It is when those with cranial termite infestations violate the rights of those with whom they claim to be friends that the GAC (Global Apostate Community) offers a collective "WTF?"

If you think this is hypocritical, you are using Vulcan logic.

• David Graham
    David Graham
    Hateshypocrites; I had a lot of time for Marc Latham , I dont now

Although I have just signed up I have been watching your comments very closely. The above stands out to me.
    Why would you now throw Marc and Cora under the bus? Would you also do this with everyone who speaks out against this, or Lloyd aka John aka Evens aka Cedars?
    If so, wouldn't it perhaps be better to examine your agenda here? Who are you actually trying to defend? My independent observations regarding the one who clearly and blatantly violated copyright is as follows.
    (1) He clearly has a huge ego.(2) He does actually think he is a big hit within the community as his latest videos have clearly show.(3) He thinks EVERYONE is jealous or "haters"(4) He uses loaded language and labels such as. And I quote: "Tomahawk wielding conspiracy theorists" "Evangelicals who hate atheism" and many many more.
    My observations so far are very unnerving as he is forming his own cult with followers (like yourself) who simply cannot see through his faults. A little bit of real world advice. Everyone has faults, no one is 100 percent perfect, yet all I observe is his followers treating him as the second coming of bejasus.
    Take a look back at your comments and see who you hate and who you love. Wicked vs pure. You get what I mean here. You really need to check to see if your still under the spell of black and white thinking unfortunately!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit