Mexico branch......Now closing!!!

by krismalone 58 Replies latest social current

• never a jw
    never a jw

@leveltheplayingfield (bare with me)

You are in the wrong thread. This is about financial issues, not pedophiles

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I wonder if part of the CO thing could be about governments not excepting these vows of poverty knowing full well that when thier old thier dumped on the welfare system. This has been what the Borg has done for years, Bethelites were kicked out as they aged but before retirement. This way they had to go home then try to find work the if they couldn't make it they would get on the welfare system and the cult wasn't liable to pay anything. Maybe the governments are getting wise to this.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    slimboyfat - "When are they going to introduce the change where Governing Body members get a job and support themselves. Ridiculous? I don't see why not, those that are young and able. They could work part time or part of the year, to pay their travel and living expenses."

Seriously?

These guys have been serving the WTS their entire lives. What could they possibly be qualified to do outside the Org besides "religious organization consultant"?

• Life is to short 2
    Life is to short 2

LeeveThePlayingFeild

We did it when we served where the need was great. My husband was so busy in the congregation it was unreal. He worked just 4 or 5 day's a month as the ones in the hall demanded so much from him.

Yet every time the CO came through he verbally beat my husband for not doing even more. I worked 30 hours a week plus got 90 hour'sa month in pioneering. It was totally crazy.

All of our money went to service. We put 35,000 miles a year on our car in service. We could never do enough, give enough, be enough. It was always more, more, more.

If they demanded it of us why would it be a stretch of the imagination to think they woukd not do it to CO's?

LITS

• Hecce
    Hecce

I agree that further verification is needed, if this is truth then the WT is going back to the original model for travelling overseers and is taking away the privileges and comforts attached to the position. They are going to do their work on a similar fashion to some third world countries.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

With a 20% rise in gas prices Mexicans have taken to the streets in riots this week.

About a year ago the exchange rate was 13 Pesos to the dollar, now it is 20 Pesos. Yes, a Peso is now worth a US nickel.

For every dollar Mexico sends to the USA $10 flows to Mexico, mostly from illegal ex pats (per PEW). Four years of Trump may bring about revolution in Mexico. For the last 100 years unhappy Mexicans have simply left for the US, without that pressure release valve because of Visa requirements and a tighter border, expect massive civil unrest.

Watchtower is doing a cut and run. SELL SELL SELL

Read what happened with a simple gas price spike this week. http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/gas-protest-round-up-4-dead-400-arrested/

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

LITS - sorry you had to go all of that. I bet you're much happier now.

Balaamsass2 - sounds like the org maybe politically motivated to sell the branch in Mexico. Interesting...

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Someone mentioned careers for women.

JW's love to think they're Jews anyway, so why not follow the orthodox rabbinical Jewish way? CO's Rabbi'scover a fixed area permenantly and the *missis* supports the CO. With a glut of eligible women in the Org....all ambitious young prospective COs will have to bag themselves a well-off or hard working wife to support them. I guarantee there won't be a shortage of sacrificial virgin's to the Org cause.

• schnell
    schnell

@Diogenesister, ugh. Just ugh.

I recall a special pioneer, a WTS company man, who was on the phone in front of me with another Bethelite friend of his. It was basically bro talk about a governing body member who bagged himself a younger woman.

Yeah, congratulations, Matt. Everything you ever said to me or around me helped me to leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit