Mexico branch......Now closing!!!

by krismalone 58 Replies latest social current

• alcyone
    alcyone

I feel COs are kind of middle management they need to run the organization. Completely dependent on the organization, benefits better than in Bethel, motivated, loyal... If they drop this 'arrangement' and force them to find a job to support themselves... I am wondering what effect it will have on the COs loyalty.

Now being a CO is quite a good position - company car, green handshakes, celebrity status, 17 hours per week ministry, 'free time' from Sunday noon till Tuesday. The COs do anything to keep this position, but what they will do in case they need to find a job? Maybe they will extract more as 'voluntary gifts' from the congos and avoid secular employment anyway.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

This is just a rumor at this point, of course.

However, it does make sense.

Compared to 10 years ago, the Organization is printing something like 60% less magazines a year, not to mention the diminished demand that exists in developed nations due to the push for digital adaptation. I bet they could print 90% of the worldwide demand for literature in New York alone.

As far as the CO thing, it could have a grain of truth, however I think a little may have been lost in translation. Perhaps they're reorganizing the CO structure and will have a Pioneer Elder that is assigned to a certain geographic region.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

With the excellent feeds that are on here it seems odd that Mexico pops out of the hat, if it was closing it's a big deal and you would think that news would seep out of Brooklyn/Warwick especially the suggestion about COs. Something this big would have slid out apart from this call, that could be perfectly true, just think the 5th columnists in touch with this forum would have smelt the coffee over this one.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Op isn't a jonny come lately on this forum so I tend to believe something big along those lines are coming. Were talking 75% of the mexico brothers are probably living at the poverty level. So there is no way they could support a facility that big with with what they could donate

• never a jw
    never a jw

krismalone,

your friend set you up. He knows you are an apostate that post here. Expect a JC soon. The info is far fetched and intended to catch apostates.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Maybe they are kicking them out of Mexico, "J.W's destroy Ancient indigenous temple in Mexico"..June 2016.....

I found a article about this and JW's confess, dumb ass. Search "JW's destroy temple", I guess it's true...LOL

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

I know that most people here are referring to US law when they speak of limiting liability and that is why Watchtower would want to do this with COs. And of course other countries have other laws and requirements and some may not even recognize as a contractor and it may not limit liability at all. But let's take the US, and again there is variety depending on states, but this would not necessarily limit liability to CCJW. And the reason I say CCJW is because that is the corporation that Elders and congregations operate under, not under WBTSPA or WBTSNY. There was a lawsuit in Missippi or Alabama where the Appeals Court ruled that the estate of a person who died at a Jehovah's Witnesses Convention could not sue WBTSPA or WBTSNY for negligence, but could only sue CCJW, if the civil action would be successful is a different matter. But let's take limiting liability for CCJW, again sometimes we tend to think that the law is very cut and dry, but it is not. There are a ton of issues that courts take into account when it comes to agents and the principal. If the Governing Body lets loose the COs they are still an agent of CCJW and the principals in cases like Moradi v Marsh Inc. (2013) 219 Cal.App.4th 886,894, that gives the standards, at least in California, of when the principal is liable for the activities of the agent. So that would not necessarily limit the liability of CCJW if they don't tell COs what to do all the time.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I could see a time when as the rumor was years ago, the CO ends up being drawn from a local elders on a rotating basis, a kind of super-COBE who travels within the circuit they live in.

Of course, one way or another, these COs would be accountable to Watchtower. They would not have autonomy. Watchtower fears schisms and keeps a tight reign to keep this from happening.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Thought of this? Watchtower is maybe anticipating on the new US government.

There will be tension between the now president ellect and the Mexican government about the deportation of the "amigos" 🕵and the wall to build between US and Mex.

The Watchtower risk manager could have advised to sell the "investments" in Mexico.

(WTS and the Trump government members have good contact because the property transactions).

G.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Thanks for the leak Krismalone !

Makes sense financially, and THAT seems to be the big motivator the last 10 years. Latin America may be growing in numbers, but not in Watchtower dollars and cents NET bottom line contributions to "Mother".

Wouldn't be the first branch to close, and it won't be the last.

A number of people here po-pooed the first reports of District overseers being cut.....then they were.

Substitute Circuit overseers are almost as effective as full-time C.O.s for almost zero outlay. Would make sense financially..and isn't $$ the big motivator?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit