MAPLE LEAFS WIN STANLEY CUP!!!!!

by iiz2cool 73 Replies latest social physical

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Bows head in shame I forgot about the tigers.

God - Detroit Sucks!!!! I'm moving out of Michigan.

• JH
    JH

The Red Wings win the Stanley cup with a goal in an open net...

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    I'm a Devil fan and DAMN proud of it! :p

Louisianna District Overbeer

You mean they had to go all the way to Louisianna to find a fan???

Walter

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Aztec:

Hey you, this thread is about hockey!
    Edited to add: *cough* Blue Jays *cough*

Yes, lets leave this at hockey. We can abuse the Lions and Jays some other time!

Walter

• Aztec
    Aztec

JH, that looks a lot more like a Tampa Bay jersey.

Yes, lets leave this at hockey. We can abuse the Lions and Jays some other time!

But, he started it!

~Aztec

• micheal
    micheal
    The average age of the Wings is 31. Kind of young to start taking geritol wouldn't you say? Did you take yours this morning?

LOL - I guess I should have said their star players are much much much older. I mean I think those guys played on the same team as Ebbie Goodfellow.

• Aztec
    Aztec
    I mean I think those guys played on the same team as Ebbie Goodfellow.

Har har.

Yzerman, Hull, Chelios, and Hasek are all getting up there but a lot of younger players are taking up the slack. (Datsyuk, 24 and Fisher, 22 come to mind) Besides our older players still come through for us when we need them. It seems sad to me that in the sports world someone's considered old when they're still in their 30's. It might have something to do with the fact that I'm in my 30's. My dream of becoming a tennis champion is sliding further out of reach every year.

~Aztec

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

True Aztec - but if we took the beatings they have for the last 12-20 years, we'd probably be considered "old" too - as Stevie's injuries prove. The Red Wings are definitely an older club, and I fear for the next 10 years after our best are worn out - we simply are not enfusing enough new blood to ramp up our future stars NOW.

But, I still think we got enough to take those silly little maple leafs

• Aztec
    Aztec

And oh yeah, the Leafs have more than a handfull of 1960's babies as well. Tie Domi (who I just love) and Ed Belfour come to mind. It looks like a good 1/2 of the team was born sometime between 1970-1972. I wouldn't be surprised if the average age is right around, oh, 31.

Yes, Rhonda, I agree. Unfortunatly, we only play eachother once this year so it wasn't really a fair representation. We'll see what happens in the post-season.

~Aztec

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    But, I still think we got enough to take those silly little maple leafs

For those of you who forgot our last encounter:

http://www2.nhl.com/onthefly/scoreboard/recaps/386_2_recap.html

Walter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit